Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 PM

39 posts, read 176,614 times

Advertisements

I am very interested in moving to South Carolina after I graduate college. Are there any fast-growing areas where teachers will be needed in the next 2-3 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 PM

5,596 posts, read 15,409,228 times
These areas expect to see steady (if not rapid) growth within the next few decades: Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, and Rock Hill.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 PM

730 posts, read 1,404,343 times
What will your certification be in? Special Ed, Science, and Math certified can find jobs anywhere in this state because they are critical needs. The areas mentioned above are growing and are metros so there's numerous school districts and schools. Be wary though that most districts here try to fill from within first, especially with new schools. Transfers and promotions from support staff (aides/assistants) get first shot.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,859,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmenides View Post
I am very interested in moving to South Carolina after I graduate college. Are there any fast-growing areas where teachers will be needed in the next 2-3 years?

depends on growth obviously but maybe more importantly funding. SC has an entertaining history and present when it comes to school funding. in the end like everything else in life you get what you pay for.

but to your specific question

the metro areas greenville, columbia and charleston

rock hill, myrtle, hilton head and aiken are growing. rock hill kind of stands apart from those other 3 due to its proximity to charlotte. rock hill is almost becoming some what of a bedroom community due to charlotte ever encroaching on york county.

stay away from the I-95 corridor and anything on US 25 between Greenville and Augusta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina