Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the fastest growing?
Greenville 19 25.00%
Charleston 30 39.47%
Columbia 21 27.63%
Spartanburg 2 2.63%
Anderson 1 1.32%
North Charleston 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:59 PM

12,937 posts, read 18,787,237 times

Advertisements

The attached article mentions a slowdown in the Charleston region's job growth, but I would think that's only in comparison to when Boeing was hiring full steam ahead.

New home sales in Charleston region bouncing back, builders group told – The Post and Courier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 AM

77 posts, read 165,622 times
My favorite for a lot of personal reasons columbia but charleston probably fastest growing seems most big city like if there is a "big city" in s.c. I love greenville as well sumter, north charleston, orangeburg, aiken florence, Lancaster, York, Swainsboro, Greenwood etc...I love sc its like a 2nd home along with va.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:51 AM

SHARK! Venice is a beautiful city.

Downtown flooding as seen through social media – The Post and Courier

Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 AM

3 posts, read 3,607 times
Askly Charleston is there fastest growing city and the biggest city Greenville couldn't touch it

Old 06-22-2013, 08:33 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,277,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
But this has NEVER happened and its not suppose to happen for another million or so years?!

Old 09-01-2013, 11:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,285 times
I voted north charleston as fastest growing....not because I love it, but because a lot of is here with a charleston zip code are finding it difficult to afford housing in the ever more expensive downtown charleston/west Ashley area. Many people are now searching in north charleston, more particularly old north charleston.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,675,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldfiend View Post
I voted north charleston as fastest growing....not because I love it, but because a lot of is here with a charleston zip code are finding it difficult to afford housing in the ever more expensive downtown charleston/west Ashley area. Many people are now searching in north charleston, more particularly old north charleston.
I say most are still passing over North Charleston and are looking in Summerville, Goose Creek. Ladson. Along the I26 corridor. Even down toward John's Island. Especially those with children who are basically scared of North Charleston schools.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:40 AM

57 posts, read 76,556 times
Spent time in every on of those listed. Should have listed metros instead of charleston/n charleston. I would say Charleston and Greenville top two for high paying job growth and growth among young professionals. Charleston and Myrtle lead the way for retirees. Rock Hill/Fort Mill gets lots of spillover Charlotte growth. Columbia is mostly college age students in fluxing but not the same high salary job growth being seen in Charleston/Greenville/Charlotte

Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhokie08 View Post
Spent time in every on of those listed. Should have listed metros instead of charleston/n charleston. I would say Charleston and Greenville top two for high paying job growth and growth among young professionals. Charleston and Myrtle lead the way for retirees. Rock Hill/Fort Mill gets lots of spillover Charlotte growth. Columbia is mostly college age students in fluxing but not the same high salary job growth being seen in Charleston/Greenville/Charlotte
Reading between the lines of this report I'm not seeing what you said about Columbia.

http://dew.sc.gov/documents/lmi-mont.../July_2013.pdf

Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 AM

3,200 posts, read 4,615,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Reading between the lines of this report I'm not seeing what you said about Columbia.

http://dew.sc.gov/documents/lmi-mont.../July_2013.pdf
It is interesting that folks routinely get this wrong. It is so easy to look at metrics, Columbia has a higher income level than Greenville, has more deposits, and a larger banking industry. Unfortunately, perceptions can influence decisions, Columbia needs to do better at selling the story. This reminds me of the Charleston folks talking about such a large high tech industry and Charleston's comprehensive universities, neither of which is true, it is about selling the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina