Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:36 AM

116 posts, read 513,810 times

Advertisements

I understand there's some townhouse to rent in James Island SC ,and how is it liveing there does anyone know ,I know its part of the Charleston community,does anyone live there and if you how is it is it quiet i have 2 kids and one is 3 and the other is 11 about to turn 12 in December
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 04:39 PM

890 posts, read 4,326,455 times
I do not consider James Island as being quiet. Real estate over development has pretty much destroyed the quality of life there. It is crowded and traffic is bad.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 20,024 times
Oh, yeah!! What he said. Traffic is a bear. Prices are high. James Island is lovely, but there are perhaps some "better" places in terms of price, location and traffic. West Ashley can be reasonable and with the new roads going in traffic is bearable. Properties on Ashley Phosphate are reasonable usually. Ummmm,,,,,, Gosh, there are some great areas in and around Charleston.

Was there a special reason you chose James Island??

Old 10-19-2006, 06:10 AM

116 posts, read 513,810 times
Like i said ther were some townhouses there ,I was reading it on the Charleston newspaper on the internet,but for real is james island really nice,and how is the crime rate is it a little low ,

Old 10-19-2006, 09:04 AM

890 posts, read 4,326,455 times
Well it certainly isn't crime free, things do happen there from time to time. Really nice is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I wouldn't live there, but that's just me. You really need to come check it out for yourself. I wouldn't commit to anything before you did. I have ran into some not so nice areas in James Island.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 21,464 times
I think it depends on the area of James Island you are looking at. And, as far as the traffic goes, you will run into that anywhere you go at certain times of the day. If you go down Harborview Road to the end where it intersects with Ft. Johnson road, you will find Ft. Johnson Estates, Bayview Farms, Harbor Woods and other neighborhoods,some quieter than others. I agree that you should make a trip to Charleston to see for yourself.
There are parts of James Island to stay clear of but I believe you will find some quiet neighborhoods and decent schools for your kids. I would also look at west ashely area.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:55 AM

31 posts, read 198,037 times
We are also looking on James Island....what areas should we avoid?

Old 11-06-2006, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 22,492 times
wynettam please come visit the Island for yourself. I have lived here for over 25 years and travel all over Charleston area. James Island does have alot of good quit parts with good schools like Stiles Point Elementary that your youngest could go to. Traffic at times like AM to AM on harbor view road is slow but moving .Better than I26 in the morning !! N. Charleston I personally would never live there between crime and neighborhoods thats a big NOT. Do like parts of Hannahan. Just come on down and check us out , take the kids to the beach or James Island county Park.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 22,492 times
Madjoe It all depends on what your life style is. Kids ? Want to rub elbows with "the in crowd" quite country living ? Rent Buying, already live Charleston ?

Old 11-10-2006, 05:05 PM

31 posts, read 198,037 times
Looking to buy a 2nd home to retire to....don't need to be with the"in crowd". just want a nice place to live with access to the beaches, with nice people.
Kids will hopefully be on their own when we get there full time 6 years from now, so schools arent an issue, but want to be in a good area just in case we would have to sell. What sections of James should we avoid? For what reason? Any thoughts on west ashley? Thanks for the advise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina