Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:42 PM

202 posts, read 295,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Please seek help.
lol, you are the one who needs help. You talk down to people all the time and you have no personality. You leftwingers love pushing your politics on here but you get all uptight if somebody responds to you.

This isn't supposed to be the Huffington Post or some kind of NAACP or gay rights blog. You guys do your best to make it seem that way. For awhile there, Columbia Data and waccamat were averaging about 3 gay related threads a day on the Columbia forum. It was just pure political propaganda threads lobbying for gay marriage legaliation

This CD guy has completely taking over the SC forum and nobody cares. He is a Democrat soapbox political spammer and both the moderator and the leftwing political mob that runs the forum is cool with this guy despite it being asserted no politics on the city forums.

My point about Greenville and the bridge and it seeming more urban really seemed to upset you. Your brain likes to put everyting in a category, even if there is no need to. You proceeded to get nasty with me simply because of my observation about the bridge which seemed kind of harmless. You are so uptight and angry though, everything annoys you.

Last edited by Esso; 03-23-2014 at 01:55 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 01:45 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
I have been assisting a semi-retired 71-year-old attorney a couple of hours a week. He was born and raised in Columbia, but he lived in DC in the mid-eighties until he concluded that wasn't what he wanted and returned to Columbia. He has a daughter who now lives in Mt. Pleasant and one who lives in Charlotte. I asked him what they say about Columbia when they visit after having grown up here and having lived in their respective locales for years now. He said they love Columbia and have their favorite attractions that they're familiar with, some seasonal and some year-round. And he said they get excited about new things in town since their last visit. I told him about the discussions on this forum in which people discuss cities, compare them, brag about them, trash them and defend them. He said his daughters have never said anything negative to him about Columbia and neither have his grandchildren. He added that he believes the largest segment of the population never thinks about such things. Love your city. Lay off other ones.
Your last sentence is true, most folks don't think about city stuff. The majority of people that I talk with who move to Charlotte chose to live here because it has a ton to do (regionally as well), great neighborhoods, and great job opportunities. They only comments I hear related to the city is who will live in the 10k apartments currently under construction, where are all the people coming from, and which neighborhiods are the nicest. The most common comments I hear about SC cities from the new Charlotte residents is that Greenville has a cool downtown, Columbia has a great vibe and they like the beaches around Charleston. Most never considered SC cities as a place to live and all comment that Charleston is fun to visit but have no interest in living there.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:47 PM

Most live in the city they do because they applied and obtained a job with a company there. Has little to do with the city, it is about the employer.

I don't think most people apply to Charlotte Inc. or Charleston Inc or Greenville Inc.

For most people the best city to live in is the one where you have a job that you like. Doesn't matter what the job situtation is there for other people

Old 03-23-2014, 02:06 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Most live in the city they do because they applied and obtained a job with a company there. Has little to do with the city, it is about the employer.

I don't think most people apply to Charlotte Inc. or Charleston Inc or Greenville Inc.

For most people the best city to live in is the one where you have a job that you like. Doesn't matter what the job situtation is there for other people
You are right to a point.....people do move to Charlotte and then find a job. They selected Charlotte first.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
You are right to a point.....people do move to Charlotte and then find a job. They selected Charlotte first.
Ok, well i don't think that is trure for most college grads. I look at job boards or company websites that I'm interested in, and apply. I'm usually flexible on location, I look in the southeast and will consider different cities. If I can get paid more with an employer in one city, why should I live in Charlotte? Lot of times an engineering company won't have the type of work that I'm interest in in a specific city like Charlotte. They have offices that do more of one thing, let's say nuclear power work, as an example.l

Charlotte is better than a smaller city if you have the move to a city before you have a job lined up strategy which isn't particulary bright in my view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina