Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:49 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Ron Morris writes this morning that the team lacks talent and experience. He says the QB's good and that his numbers speak for themselves. He says we have no defense. I agree. But to me Spurrier's tendency to be impatient (and a little bit panicky at times with the Gamecocks) has helped cause a couple of losses.
Experience, yes....but our talent is not bad. There are a lot of 4star recruits on the defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 07:14 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
They can salvage the season with a win over Clemson.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:44 PM

12,924 posts, read 18,765,744 times
Can you say chicken curse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Old 11-01-2014, 10:54 PM

The TN QB Cam Newtoned us and I saw it coming. Pharoah Cooper and Brandon Wilds working together in OT would have put us in the end zone. Dylan Thompson just plain panicked. He's not very good when the chips are down.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:11 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Tennessee would have sealed the game if Aaron Medley did not miss field goals and the defensive line stopped South Carolina's long touchdown rushes in the third quarter. The game quickly turned in favor of the Gamecocks.

The Volunteers rallied in the fourth quarter to tie the game at the last minute, then executed quickly in overtime for the win.

It was a thrilling and entertaining game.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:18 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
South Carolina's Pharoh Cooper can take off with the ball if a defensive line cannot keep up with him. He will be a target to shutdown when Florida and Clemson come up.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:58 AM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
The TN QB Cam Newtoned us and I saw it coming. Pharoah Cooper and Brandon Wilds working together in OT would have put us in the end zone. Dylan Thompson just plain panicked. He's not very good when the chips are down.
well lets take a look at what Dylan is facing:

1. We have a defense that couldn't stop their grandmothers from getting in the endzone, for our offense it creates the need to score every time we touch the ball.
2. We have an O-line that whiffs in pass blocking far too often (did Shell even get a hand on anyone in OT last night?).
3. Our play calling at times has been "questionable" (to put it as nicely as possibly).
4. Other than Cooper none of our receivers have stepped up. The last several years our receivers really stepped up and bailed Connor Shaw out when he made some really poor throws, this year (mostly with the same receivers) not only are they not bailing DT out on his poorly thrown balls, they are dropping balls that hit them right in the numbers.
5. Special teams has been horrible, absolutely no help with field position.

I am not sure that Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could do a ton with the issues that Dylan has faced this year.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
well lets take a look at what Dylan is facing:

1. We have a defense that couldn't stop their grandmothers from getting in the endzone, for our offense it creates the need to score every time we touch the ball.
2. We have an O-line that whiffs in pass blocking far too often (did Shell even get a hand on anyone in OT last night?).
3. Our play calling at times has been "questionable" (to put it as nicely as possibly).
4. Other than Cooper none of our receivers have stepped up. The last several years our receivers really stepped up and bailed Connor Shaw out when he made some really poor throws, this year (mostly with the same receivers) not only are they not bailing DT out on his poorly thrown balls, they are dropping balls that hit them right in the numbers.
5. Special teams has been horrible, absolutely no help with field position.

I am not sure that Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could do a ton with the issues that Dylan has faced this year.
I'll agree. I should have said that the offense with Dylan at quarterback hasn't been coming through when the chips are down. I would have placed my bet that they would make it into the end-zone with Pharoah Cooper taking the snaps, at least as the first option, or at least with Brandon Wilds running it in the first play. That's what I was hoping to see. Oh well.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times
Dylan is a great kid but he does not always make the best decisions. They showed a graphic on TV that Dylan has a QBR of over 77 in the first 3 quarters and 27 in the 4th. Its not all his fault, the line could block better but the defense is most responsible for the 4th quarter failures. And, it goes to coaching. The State looked at our 2 deep chart and listed the schools that were not chosen over Carolina, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia etc were all on this list. The talent is not that bad, making the same mistakes 9 games into the season falls back on Ward. Interesting that the HBC said the coaches will be around this season.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:20 AM

Local sports talk radio this morning reminded me of something that SHOCKED me senseless toward the end of the game. How about when the Tennessee defender tackled Dylan Thompson and then dragged him four feet across the turf after he was clearly down and then a second defender shoved Dylan as he was getting up clearly after the tackle and dragging scene? A personal foul penalty, or two if they can double it, would have been the game. I COULD NOT believe what I saw, both during the incidents and on the replay. How in the world did they not throw a flag? That was blatantly wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina