Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:19 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times

Advertisements

The SEC has the #1team in football, men's Bb and women's BB......I am sure that is ESPN bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 11:10 AM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
hi francis

Old 12-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
hi francis
I should have known that was our Clemson troll, I thought it was another guy from the loser website tigernet.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:15 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Our line play was bad this year...no doubt. But the upstate school played most guys on defense who are nearing 30 years old, they should have been good. I guarantee the upstate school will not be top 15 in defense this coming year, losing 8 starters is hard, even in the ACC. The ACC's best team, undefeated, gets a #3 seed, that speaks volumes about that league.

As for folks across the country caring.....we are on national TV each week.....you will hear phrases like ......live from sold out Williams-Brice stadium or good night from Columbia, Sportscenter is next or live, it's gameday from the Historic Horseshoe.
Ughh- you might also have noticed the state's official grudge match/rivalry was played at flippin 12 noon. Noon. And you can't blame that on the 'upstate school' that was ranked come game day. Clemson has hosted ESPN far more times than USC in its history. And you have no clue what you are talking about with thirty year old players. Our oldest player is Rodriguez- feel free to google him and see if he life story lives up to a group of miscreants barely getting by in an SEC classroom or getting kicked out of 5 Points.

Simple fact of the matter is that USC is in the basement in terms of football except the last five years and a handful of previous teams. To quote the general consensus among the other SEC schools- USC has an Alabama mouth and a Vanderbilt trophy case.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:05 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Dude- no one cares about the word *****. !8 year old boys eat that crap up. The hats that have ***** in large font and University of SC in smaller font are big sellers way beyond USC fandom. They are recruiting teenager boys to play a sport and hang out in a locker room/film room/training room/athletes cafeteria. You really think that is the group of people who will clutch their pearls over the work *****?

Old 12-21-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Ughh- you might also have noticed the state's official grudge match/rivalry was played at flippin 12 noon. Noon. And you can't blame that on the 'upstate school' that was ranked come game day. Clemson has hosted ESPN far more times than USC in its history. And you have no clue what you are talking about with thirty year old players. Our oldest player is Rodriguez- feel free to google him and see if he life story lives up to a group of miscreants barely getting by in an SEC classroom or getting kicked out of 5 Points.

Simple fact of the matter is that USC is in the basement in terms of football except the last five years and a handful of previous teams. To quote the general consensus among the other SEC schools- USC has an Alabama mouth and a Vanderbilt trophy case.
Lighten up Peatie.....saying the defense was 30 years old is hyperbole (look it up if they don't teach that in a Clemson Classroom or in the business school.....sorry, no Clemson business school, maybe the law school.....sorry again, medicine....sorry, oh Well). But, this defense was old and Dabo did them no favors by begging them to come back a year.

If we were ranked this year, the game would have been at noon, there were simply better matchups. Doubt anyone cares about a 3 loss team from the ACC. So, Clemson has hosted ESPN far more times than Carolina but there is a bias towards Carolina due to the SEC, Clemson arguments seem to go around in circles. Here in Charlotte, you have a hard time finding a Clemson game, on the other hand, Carolina is an easy find. In fact, the dollars tell the story about TV.........we will earn close to $100m this year, the upstate school is hanging around at $70m and will ask students to pay for athletics on top of the school's contribution.

Another simple matter of fact is that the upstate school plays in a lower level conference dominated by one school, won a title and then spent the next 10 years on and off probation to the point where the ACC even was embarrassed. Honestly, the upstate school has been much better under Dabo than I thought. They aren't close to being a national team by any means but they are not bad. In the past decade, we simply have been better, even more so when you look at the entire athletic department. Its no surprise that we earn more in revenue and will for a long time to come.

As for our players you refer to as "miscreants", are they any different than ones getting by in a Clemson classroom taking online courses such as "marriage" or do they just drive around with marijuana because there is absolutely nothing to do in Pickens County.

And BTW..those SEC classrooms have produced multiple billionaires (along with Wofford, the only schools in SC to do so), grammy award winning artists, Fortune 500 CEO's, scientists, Doctors, Lawyers......hey, even the head of your BOT went through the SEC classrooms...in fact, a lot of them did. The ACC folks are embarrassed to have Clemson in the conference when academics come up.......the consensus is that it is trying to be relevant in football at all costs with nothing much to show for it in academics.......the fact that is has taken since 2006 to raise $800m is embarrassing when the other ACC schools raise that much in 2-3 years, for that matter, most SEC schools raise that amount in 2-3 years......Carolina will hit $1b in less than 4 years. Research, the ACC schools aren't impressed with Clemson's levels especially when compared with Chapel Hill. The folks at UNCC are catching up with Clemson in research.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,810 times
You're insulting Clemson's academics and touting the SEC and UNC's? You're way off base. How are those African American Studies courses at UNC going-- a school that accepts athletes turned down by Clemson for academic reasons. What a joke!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
You're insulting Clemson's academics and touting the SEC and UNC's? You're way off base. How are those African American Studies courses at UNC going-- a school that accepts athletes turned down by Clemson for academic reasons. What a joke!
You are reading into my statement what you want to hear as usual.

To be fair, how are the online marriage courses going for your football team. I would love to see who you turned down academically that was admitted to Chapel Hill. So, Sammy Watkins was a scholar? Shuey? Boyd? Hopkins? Anthony? Albert Huggins? If you are suggesting that Clemson gets the best football players over other schools and that they meet some mythical tough Clemson standards, you are making up numbers. Clemson recruits the same players as other ACC and SEC schools. If you believe otherwise, you believe in the tooth fairy.

In the rankings that your school covets so much that it manages to them, Chapel Hill is #5.

Just to be clear, I don't think Clemson is a bad school but is it better than Carolina or other SEC schools....in some disciplines yes, especially where one does not exist like architecture, in others no. Heck, it does not even have a stand alone business school, that is bad. Does the upstate school have a reputation like Chapel Hill, UVA, Duke and other ACC schools......not a chance....if you don't believe me, come to Charlotte and ask around, the Chapel Hilk grads, State grads, Duke grads and Wake grads will laugh. But i get your perspective, in Greenville, Clemson is Stanford. In fund raising, the school trails others badly (it has taken since 2006 to raise $800m.....that is a long long time) same for research. The upstate school is different in that it charges a lot more in tuition thanks to the state.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:28 AM

800 posts, read 1,463,980 times
Nice win over Miami to get our 4th straight bowl win and 11th straight non-losing season. I don't know that any win in the Independence Bowl can be considered "huge", but we needed it. To paraphrase Lewis Grizzard, losing this game would have felt worse than winning feels good.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Nice win over Miami to get our 4th straight bowl win and 11th straight non-losing season. I don't know that any win in the Independence Bowl can be considered "huge", but we needed it. To paraphrase Lewis Grizzard, losing this game would have felt worse than winning feels good.
I agree.

And, I was happy to see our defense start to look like a defense. We're not there yet but at least the defense had a decent game. Walton played his best game that I have seen at Carolina, looks like the LBs are set for next year. Hope Sawyer Wideman and Lewis fill out the D Line next year.....we need their size at defensive end. If so, the defense should move us back to where we have been in the past 5-6 years. P Cooper is just a talent, the catch late in the 4th qtr was as good as I have seen all year. The Miami RB looked great, would love to see him in a Panthers uniform next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina