Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:43 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,694,001 times

Advertisements

Dr McHugh is a self described Orthodox Catholic who is no longer associated with John's Hopkins. His views were based on a single study which has since been discredited.

But WND , CNS, and Fox love him. Hmmmm, I wonder why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Because I can provide data on Republican elected officials involved in bathroom shenanigans. You have any evidence of transgender bathroom shenanigans?
Larry Craig, former Republican Senator from Idaho. 2007, Minneapolis Airport.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:46 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Quote:
Dr McHugh is a self described Orthodox Catholic who is no longer associated with John's Hopkins. His views were based on a single study which has since been discredited.

But WND , CNS, and Fox love him. Hmmmm, I wonder why.
Didn't you describe yourself as religious too? Does that discredit you if it discredits a the former lead pyschiatrist at prestigious medical university?

This issue reminds me of straight people who want to try to convince gay people they are straight even though they are genetically gay.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:03 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Because I can provide data on Republican elected officials involved in bathroom shenanigans. You have any evidence of transgender bathroom shenanigans?
M1, there are certain things I'm just not going to look up on my computer. You can win that round.
But I remember, you're referring to that rash of elected Republicans who got caught in bathrooms hooking up awhile back.
Despite the stereotype, Republicans can also be gay, the two aren't exclusive of each other. That being said I'm pretty sure it's the fact they were gay and not the fact they were Republicans that they got caught doing bathroom shenanigans. The fact they were elected Republicans is only why you heard about it. Makes you wonder how often this happens to non politicians and we just don't hear about it. I dunno must be a thing. Pretty disgusting place to look for dates.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
From the article that I linked above:

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption†that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin†person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,†said McHugh.

The pro-transgender advocates do not want to know, said McHugh, that studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings “spontaneously lose those feelings†over time.
Its a slippery slope on someone having a disability or just an identity issue. My observation seems to be if it harms others or themselves, its a disorder, if it doesn't and its reasonably accepted (a moving line these days), then its just the way they are. For example being anorexic vs gay or trans. I'm not a medical expert, but that seems to be the general guidelines and I'm not sure what possible studies could possibly differentiate the difference otherwise.
Then there's people like this creepy guy who wants to be a transgendered 6 year old girl that the public will be forced to accommodate.
Canadian man leaves family to be transgender six-year-old girl*Stefonknee Wolscht | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-07-2016, 11:51 AM

33 posts, read 26,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Not sure what difference it makes, it's not like there's a package checker at the door of every bathroom asking to see everyone's paperwork to try and differentiate the drag queens from the legally transgendered.
I seriously doubt there's a law in most places telling you can't be a man using the women's restroom now. You don't always need a law to get people to use common sense to avoid an awkward situation. If everyone is screaming at you when you walk into a bathroom, you probably shouldn't be there.
The fact is, they simply want the law gone saying it's against the law to "blah blah blah". Take for example, there is a law on the books in TN that says women can't adjusts their stockings in public. If a group of women advocates want to lead amendments to take that off the books, I'm fine with it. The same applies in this situation. The antiquated law needs to go. It offends the group it is applied to (me saying this does not mean I advocate breaking laws for anyone who doesn't agree with "said law") and dumb so I see no problem in eliminating it.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Larry Craig, former Republican Senator from Idaho. 2007, Minneapolis Airport.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Didn't you describe yourself as religious too? Does that discredit you if it discredits a the former lead pyschiatrist at prestigious medical university?

This issue reminds me of straight people who want to try to convince gay people they are straight even though they are genetically gay.
My work is not defined by my religion. No is my voting.

My personal view of my religion is that Jesus wants us to love everyone. And to never judge.

I personally believe that people are born gay. However, to claim people are genetically gay is just wrong. Without the gay gene, there is still no proof.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
M1, there are certain things I'm just not going to look up on my computer. You can win that round.
But I remember, you're referring to that rash of elected Republicans who got caught in bathrooms hooking up awhile back.
Despite the stereotype, Republicans can also be gay, the two aren't exclusive of each other. That being said I'm pretty sure it's the fact they were gay and not the fact they were Republicans that they got caught doing bathroom shenanigans. The fact they were elected Republicans is only why you heard about it. Makes you wonder how often this happens to non politicians and we just don't hear about it. I dunno must be a thing. Pretty disgusting place to look for dates.
Ziggy, more often than not, I'm just having fun. We aren't solving anything here. I equate this to sitting around a bar shooting the bull. Sometimes I just want to have some fun.

***And not in the bathroom at the Minneapolis Airport bathroom either.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
so you don't judge rapists, murderers, pedophiles, thieves, wife beaters etc. I think most people do.

IF we can't judge then we should get rid of judges, criminal justice system, prisons and so on.

it is not judging people who want to be the opposite sex or believe they are the opposite sex when I agree with a pyschiatrist that it is a delusion and people should accept what they are. If you have a male or feale body, you have genes that correlate to male or female. Thus, you cannot be the opposite sex, it is not up to what you believe or want.

Seeking to discredit a person simply b/c of their religion is a form of something. I'm going to go with a pyschiatrist who worked at John Hopkins over what a non-physician thinks, regardless if they are religious or not. If you don't want to be discredited based on religion you shouldn't do that to other religious people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina