Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 07:32 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1995 View Post
According to item 1, you can't get in the water. Unlike most waterfalls where the attraction is getting under the falls, in Greenville, there is unhealthy bacteria in the water.
if the falls aren't an attraction why spend so much time talking about them.

it seem like you could just concede that the waterfall and bridge and park are cool. how is a 30 foot drop waterfall right on main street in a downtown a bad thing. it obviously is unique if only 8 other cities in country have one.

it would be weird if there was only one person on here trying to beat up on the waterfall but there are multiple people doing so. it is interesting from a psychology standpoint. what is the motivation. it is even more interesting if you consider that these same people try to label me as a contrarian.

here are already too many people moving here so i won't lose sleep if people don't move here. one of the major benefits of Gville over Charlotte is less traffic. the traffic on the interstate in Charlotte during rush hour is a parking lot with mulitiple accidents every day it seems.

more people in a metro just means more strangers and traffic and criminals. i don't see any benefit.

if there was a 30 foot drop waterfall on Tryon Street in Charlotte or on King Street in Charleston you would be touting it. i think downtown Gville is cool even without the waterfall and bridge and park. the park has only been there since 2006.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-11-2016 at 07:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 08:04 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1995 View Post
According to item 1, you can't get in the water. Unlike most waterfalls where the attraction is getting under the falls, in Greenville, there is unhealthy bacteria in the water.
I wont even swim in the water at Lake Greenwood since the Reedy drains into it eventually.

Just don't see the appeal of looking at a sewage infested waterfall.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:11 PM

i don't think here is any sewage in the river. there used to be dyes from the textile mills but that was a long time ago.

if the river was polluted , it would always be on the news, etc. you are actually the first person i've seen say it is 'sewage infested' and it is not surprising because you never say anything positive about Greenville.

i googled "reedy river' and 'sewage infested' and I did not get a single hit.

it is interesting that a person who lives in Gray Court is so negative about downtown Greenville and calls it boring. Gray Court does not even have a McDonalds , it is that small.

i wouldn't have thought a person who lives in a small town like Gray Court would be an elitist 'city slicker' type who mocks me for liking downtown Greenville. I can see that with possiblity with somebody who lives in NYC, Boston, etc.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-11-2016 at 08:29 PM..

Old 09-12-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i don't think here is any sewage in the river. there used to be dyes from the textile mills but that was a long time ago.

if the river was polluted , it would always be on the news, etc. you are actually the first person i've seen say it is 'sewage infested' and it is not surprising because you never say anything positive about Greenville.

i googled "reedy river' and 'sewage infested' and I did not get a single hit.

it is interesting that a person who lives in Gray Court is so negative about downtown Greenville and calls it boring. Gray Court does not even have a McDonalds , it is that small.

i wouldn't have thought a person who lives in a small town like Gray Court would be an elitist 'city slicker' type who mocks me for liking downtown Greenville. I can see that with possiblity with somebody who lives in NYC, Boston, etc.
I decided to un-ignore you because I just knew you were going to respond, and was correct. I will address you by saying your full of it if you honestly believe all I do is complain about Greenville. I NEVER, not once said anything bad about Greenville. All I said was I don't see the appeal of constantly going unless I have to, and have stated more than once its a personal preference for anyone to like or dislike a certain area, and in fact, I have said more than once, Greenville has come a log ways since the 70s.

Now if you had any idea of what I was talking about, sewage was dumped straight into the Reedy for years, I remember it, I grew up in the area!

I have never mocked you, and yet you still find ways to invade anything I post, and turn it into your personal agenda against me, and skew the facts to your favor. You somehow think the world of CD revolves around you, and we should all bow down and do what the mighty Simpsonvillian says as fact. Ive always wondered, was Greenvillian taken?

I will close and reignore you by saying the best part about Gray Court is - IT DOESNT HAVE YOU!!

Old 09-12-2016, 04:40 AM

5,718 posts, read 4,694,001 times
I found these three articles regarding pollution in the Reedy, all within the last year:

https://m.facebook.com/WYFF4/posts/10154250305839114

Greenville company fined for dye in Reedy River

Q&Amy: Who takes care of the Reedy River?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
And let me add this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_River

Scroll down to Polution.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I decided to un-ignore you because I just knew you were going to respond, and was correct. I will address you by saying your full of it if you honestly believe all I do is complain about Greenville. I NEVER, not once said anything bad about Greenville. All I said was I don't see the appeal of constantly going unless I have to, and have stated more than once its a personal preference for anyone to like or dislike a certain area, and in fact, I have said more than once, Greenville has come a log ways since the 70s.

Now if you had any idea of what I was talking about, sewage was dumped straight into the Reedy for years, I remember it, I grew up in the area!

I have never mocked you, and yet you still find ways to invade anything I post, and turn it into your personal agenda against me, and skew the facts to your favor. You somehow think the world of CD revolves around you, and we should all bow down and do what the mighty Simpsonvillian says as fact. Ive always wondered, was Greenvillian taken?

I will close and reignore you by saying the best part about Gray Court is - IT DOESNT HAVE YOU!!

i never said you have to agree with me. you get angry if i don't agree with you and express my opinion that you are negative. you think i have to bow down to you.

what is your deal with exclamation points.

you try to mock me all the time on here, you started off mocking me because I mentioned the waterfall. it is a comnparison between two cities, the waterfall is a unique feature of Greenville, i mention it, and you and the same 3 or 4 contentious people show up to mock me for mentionning the waterfall. beating up on somebody for likign a waterfall is like beating up on them for liking ice cream or puppies.

i don't post stuff on here for you and the other people who don't care for Greenville. i'm posting things for people who are open minded about Greenville and do't know much about it. most people like the waterfall and park, it is a top 10 park on Trip Adviser, and there are ton of people down there. i wonder how we don't notice all this sewage in the river.

the river does not look like it has sewage on it, nor does it smell like there is sewage in the river at falls park. nobody swims it. do you go out and use some device to measure the unhealthy bacteria levels in the river. is this unhealthy bacteria flying out the waterfall and the river and infecting people.

i think you are giving people a false impression.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-12-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Choked me up I'm laughing so hard!!
you said this in response to unhappy m1ma1mg's predictable bitter mocking of me for mentioning the 30 foot drop waterfall.

but you don't mock me. it is incredible that you deny it.

i think it is the only reason you are posting on this topic, to mock me. you've done this on numerous threads. you and m1a1mg and a couple others have to be contentious for some reason. ma1m1mg doesn't even live in Greenville.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i never said you have to agree with me. you get angry if i don't agree with you and express my opinion that you are negative. you think i have to bow down to you.

what is your deal with exclamation points.

you try to mock me all the time on here, you started off mocking me because I mentioned the waterfall. it is a comnparison between two cities, the waterfall is a unique feature of Greenville, i mention it, and you and the same 3 or 4 contentious people show up to mock me for mentionning the waterfall.
I disagree with you on one subject, and you think I get angry every time you mention the waterfall? Geez, man, you have a serious complex. I am negative? Again, you have taken something completely out of context and tried to use it to your adavntage. Sure, I got upset about TCF posts, and I was corrected by Yac, and Ive said nothing on the subject negative since. But you have to keep bringing it up, and somehow you have concluded that I am a negative person.

Ill use Exclamation points if I dang well chose to! Maybe, just maybe, you should review your posts before concerning yourself with my punctuation.

I dont mock you all the time. Any post Ive made, regarding anything you have said, at least since I put you on my ignore list, was not directed at you, although its pretty easy to figure out who everyone is/was talking about. For now, again, Im putting you back on my ignore list, and I would appreciate it if you would put me on yours, but again, as before, I bet you wont. You seem to have a fascination with those you dislike the most.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:25 AM

you clearly were mocking me about mentioning the waterfall as were the others. it seems like it bothers you that I and others like downtown Greenville.

i don't think it is accurate to say the Reedy river around falls park and downtow is 'sewage infested'.

this is from the Friends of the Reedy River group's website, that you linked to earlier:

'It may seem like river is clean and everything has been done, but it hasn’t.'

so if it seems like the river is clean, it probably isn't 'sewage infested'. this friends of the reedy river group are probably environmental radicals too. i have never seen anybody swimming in the river so the bacteria count that you monitor in the river is probably not an issue. i tend to think all rivers have bacteria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you disagree with me on most everything, as you have stated yourself in the past. it started with me expressing my opposition to the farm bill that gave taxpayer money to farmers. i have not been able to shake you since then.

m1mamg has been following me around for over a year because i said that i like Greenville better than Charleston on a Gville vs Charleston thread. he even mocks me for saying that one thing that i like about downtown Greenville is the large hardwoods downtown. you appear to think he is Jerry Seinfield

that is why i try to avoid talking about Charleston!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was the screenname GrayCourtJohn taken? Anybody can do your empty rhetoric like this. it is interesting that a person who lives in Gray Court is always talking about how boring downtown Greenville is. it seems like living in Gray Court would be a nightmare for you.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-12-2016 at 07:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina