Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 11:09 AM

2,001 posts, read 1,866,645 times

Advertisements

You can find any video about any city that makes it seem its the best in the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 11:14 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
what's it to you. you live in Charleston. what compels you to post numerous negative posts on this topic. i don't get it. i have yet to see you and some others do an in depth comparison of Greenville and Fort Mill / Rock Hill.

i don't think it is true that every city in the world is going to look like best in the world in a video.

if Charleston has a hype video, i wouldn't mind seeing it. it probably makes sense to post it on a Charleston thread though.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:05 PM

http://americaunraveled.com/why-gree...ity-in-the-us/

Why Greenville, SC is the Fastest Growing City in the US from America Unraveled

Old 09-15-2016, 07:06 PM

159 posts, read 125,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Why Greenville, SC is the Fastest Growing City in the US - America Unraveled

Why Greenville, SC is the Fastest Growing City in the US from America Unraveled
LOL.......fastest growing in U.S. Not even close unless you are manipulating stats.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:40 PM

5,718 posts, read 4,694,001 times
It's not even true.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
It's not even true.
I agree. Charleston, MYB and the Charlotte counties are the fastest growing parts of SC.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:56 PM

don't think Charleston, Fort Mill, Rock HIll or MB has as much growth in their city limits as Greenville. Fort Mill is tiny and Rock Hill downtown is ok but it isn't that happening. Charleston doesn't have much room for new stuff and the people there are historic preservation zealots that fight redevelopment and new buildings. new condos and apartments are going up all over downtown Greenville, and also restaurants and retailers. Greenville is in its golden age right now.

Here is a summary of 17 of the largest projects in Greenville currently being developed. http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/ne...rojects-watch/

one thing that i forgot to mention is the I-85 / I-385 Gateway project in Greenville. the interchange is currently being transformed to get rid of the clover leaf design and add flyovers and other design features to reduce congestion. It is an incredibly well thought out design. this is the 2nd largest project in SC history in terms of cost (the first was the massive bridge over the Charleston harbor) and it will take Greenville to the next level as far as attracting companies.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-16-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 09-16-2016, 06:38 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
don't think Charleston, Fort Mill, Rock HIll or MB has as much growth in their city limits as Greenville. Fort Mill is tiny and Rock Hill downtown is ok but it isn't that happening. Charleston doesn't have much room for new stuff and the people there are historic preservation zealots that fight redevelopment and new buildings. new condos and apartments are going up all over downtown Greenville, and also restaurants and retailers. Greenville is in its golden age right now.

Here is a summary of 17 of the largest projects in Greenville currently being developed. 17 downtown CRE projects to watch - Upstate Business Journal

one thing that i forgot to mention is the I-85 / I-385 Gateway project in Greenville. the interchange is currently being transformed to get rid of the clover leaf design and add flyovers and other design features to reduce congestion. It is an incredibly well thought out design. this is the 2nd largest project in SC history in terms of cost (the first was the massive bridge over the Charleston harbor) and it will take Greenville to the next level as far as attracting companies.
You seem to be unaware that Charleston isn't just the historic district. Charleston is somehow able to annex massive amounts of properties that are in another county and not in anyway connected to the Penninsula. It's the 2nd largest city in SC that's sandwiched between the 3rd and 4th largest cities. The 4th largest city (Mount Pleasant) happens to be the 10th fastest growing in the country.
Mount Pleasant Ranks 10th for Fastest Growing Cities in US

The upper end of the Penninsula is doted with massive construction projects that are outside the historic limits extending up the neck. The "anti development zealots" are actually in the burbs. Upper Charleston is free game for development. You need to leave your bubble sometime and see the state's development is not in anyway confined to Greenville.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:43 PM

you are lecturing me about a city that I used to live in. I've lived all over the state and outside of the state but you are talking about me living in a bubble. there isn't as much new development in downtown Charleston as Greenville. I don't think you have ever been to Greenville so maybe you need to leave your bubble.

i never said there was no development outside of Greenville in the state. you are another strawman flogger. you'll win a debate with a strawman every time.

this topic isn't about Charleston or Mount Pleasant. i shouldn't have even responded to Tiger's Charleston reference because i have a self imposed policy of not talking about Charleston on here. i have no desire to interact with the Charlestonians on this forum due to past unpleasant interactions.

i know all about MP. my point, which soehow you managed to miss, is the article I linked to appeared to be focused on downtown areas, not metroes. MP is not part of Charleston's downtown.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-16-2016 at 07:08 PM..

Old 09-16-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Here is a summary of 17 of the largest projects in Greenville currently being developed. 17 downtown CRE projects to watch - Upstate Business Journal

A new bridge over I85 will take Greenville to the next level in attracting companies........? You sure like bridges. Imagine what will happen in Columbia when the largest project in the state's history is completed in the next few years.

Cumulatively, the 17 largest projects still donot build more office space than was just completed in FM.....and, don't even compare with Charlotte. One Charlotte project equals your list of 17.

For the last time, factually, Greenville is not growing faster than Charleston, FM/Charlotte and in a lot of years, Columbia. It is growing and attracts a lot of government money to do so. But, faster than FM/Charlotte and Charleston......you are dreaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina