Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 06:08 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
HB2 gives companies the right to make their own bathroom policies. most of the activists do not know this or do not acknowledge this. there are several people discussing this topic on here who did not know Charlotte's ordinance forced private businesses to allow 'transgenders' to go into opposite sex restrooms.
Not "opposite sex" bathrooms but bathrooms corresponding to the gender they identify with--which is really what they've been doing all this time.

But HB2 included other things that had nothing to do with Charlotte's ordinance.

Either way, I'm glad to see that SC largely sidestepped this issue as well as most other socially contentious issues lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 06:10 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
SC 'sidestepped' it because we didn't have a city decide to impose its views on bathroom policies on private businesses like Charlotte did. The Charlotte leaders who did that could not win at the state level in NC.

Haley only recently signed a bill banning abortions after 20 weeks with the only exception being for mother's life is in jeopardy. not exactly avoiding controversial social issues.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:43 PM

2,001 posts, read 1,866,645 times
Quote:

it will be hypocritical for SC to get these events because the majority of SC residents agree with the NC law.
I dont agree with it and i know no one that does. Leave it at that. There is no law needed in sc for this crap. Its a law for speeding but how many people speed??

Old 09-14-2016, 06:50 PM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
I'm one that always wishes we could keep politics out of sports but oh well.

As for a new location, VA doesn't have anything great so my guess would be Florida.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
I dont agree with it and i know no one that does. Leave it at that. There is no law needed in sc for this crap. Its a law for speeding but how many people speed??
i've already said a law isn't needed, because we haven't had a city try to force their views on bathroom policies on private businesses. why do i bother responding to you.

your anecdotal evidence isn't proof a majority of people agree with you on an issue. but i have not been lobbying for a law because i've been saying the NC law was response to a city ordinance that has not be tried in SC.

i personall don't want to get the ACC title game because the ACC / NCAA is falsely smearing people as bigots for not supporting a Bruce Jenner being in female restrooms. If I was governor of SC, i would stand up for NC. i wouldn't hold views and make decisions purely for selfish economic reasons. A male like Bruce Jenner is a strong person, a former Olympic athlete, he could easily overpower women and girls in the restroom. once we start allowing men into female restrooms, it is taking a real risk.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-14-2016 at 07:04 PM..

Old 09-14-2016, 07:04 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
We don't need a law. I agree. People know where to go. Politics at work. Making things difficult and causing separation.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
i've already said a law isn't needed, because we haven't had a city try to force their views on bathroom policies on private businesses. why do i bother responding to you.

your anecdotal evidence isn't proof a majority of people agree with you on an issue. but i have not been lobbying for a law because i've been saying the NC law was response to a city ordinance that has not be tried in SC.

i personall don't want to get the ACC title game because the ACC / NCAA is falsely smearing people as bigots for not supporting a Bruce Jenner being in female restrooms. If I was governor of SC, i would stand up for NC. i wouldn't hold views and make decisions purely for selfish economic reasons. A male like Bruce Jenner is a strong person, a former Olympic athlete, he could easily overpower women and girls in the restroom. once we start allowing men into female restrooms, it is taking a real risk.
I disagree. No need. Let people be themselves.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:07 PM

ok but it is not your right to decide for every female. it is ok if you are comfortable with men in female restrooms but i doubt even 80 percent of women and girls are. i think that even if only 1 female is not comfortable with men in the female restroom, we can't allow it.

i would love to see the expression on your face if you saw Bruce Jenner in a female restroom one day. i think some people are disconnected from the reality of what they are supporting.

anyway, hopefully CU won't make the ACC title game because then I will have to choose between my love for football and my disdain for virtue signallers who will hijack the game to remind us of their amazing virtue.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:08 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
You guys are debating Simpsonville about the same topic in 2 threads...

Old 09-14-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
ok but it is not your right to decide for every female. it is ok if you are comfortable with men in female restrooms but i doubt even 80 percent of women and girls are. i think that even if only 1 female is not comfortable with men in the female restroom, we can't allow it.
It's a non-issue to me. People know where to go. There are much bigger things and issues going on in the world. I don't see any men going in women's restrooms. If it happens it's a small percentage. Non issue in South Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina