Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM

5,498 posts, read 8,358,400 times

Advertisements

Doing nothing won't help. Perhaps if some of you were laid off instead of sitting comfortable in your nice homes and jobs you would feel differently. You have to be able to look at things from other point of views other than you own. Some people are jobless and homeless and you aren't any better than they are even though you may think it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 05:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,906,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Doing nothing won't help. Perhaps if some of you were laid off instead of sitting comfortable in your nice homes and jobs you would feel differently. You have to be able to look at things from other point of views other than you own. Some people are jobless and homeless and you aren't any better than they are even though you may think it.
And how is putting your childrens children into debt helping???

And AGAIN,the money SC would receive can ONLY be spent on schools,colleges,public safety and other government services...how was this going to help the homeless and jobless?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:49 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,840,505 times
Quote:
gaflsc wrote: Pawley is just reguritating DNC talking points...
OK, obviously some folks are taking this thread seriously, so let's be serious a moment. For the sake of discussion, let's assume Sanford is acting on his beliefs. Let's also assume for a moment that the state legislature, being of similar political leanings, told him they would stand behind whatever he decided to do. Do you really think that Sanford would still refuse this money? If he did, would you still praise him for putting his opinions above the welfare of SC citizens?

Admittedly, I don't support a lot of Sanford's actions, but I do not believe he would intentionally do something as selfish as standing in the way of the benefit this money can do for South Carolinians who are in tough shape. I prefer to believe that the only way he would take this stand is to know he will be overridden.

If I'm wrong, then I think even less of Sanford than I did before. The talking points are coming from those who praise Sanford, knowing full well the $$$ are coming.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,867,056 times
See what I cause on this forum.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 PM

How is money that MUST be spent on schools and colleges help people who are unemployed or losing their homes???

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How is money that MUST be spent on schools and colleges help people who are unemployed or losing their homes???
How is money that MUST be spent on Iraq and Afghanistan help people who are unemployed or losing their homes???

Old 03-16-2009, 09:54 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,417,657 times
I have several family members in SC who have been laid off in the last few months. The last think I think they need is Sanford posturing on this one. What is it with SC governors and posturing? Hodges with the ridiculous blockades on the interstates to protest nuclear waste. Sanford with this. Yeesh. Get to work on your state, guys.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
How is money that MUST be spent on Iraq and Afghanistan help people who are unemployed or losing their homes???
Not relevant.

The money you and others are whining SC needs to keep people from being homeless and jobless must be spent almost totally on schools and college...

HOW is that going to help?

Does ANYONE actually read what the money is to be spent on before mouthing off??????

Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I have several family members in SC who have been laid off in the last few months. The last think I think they need is Sanford posturing on this one. What is it with SC governors and posturing? Hodges with the ridiculous blockades on the interstates to protest nuclear waste. Sanford with this. Yeesh. Get to work on your state, guys.
How would the money help your family members EXACTLY?????

Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,417,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How would the money help your family members EXACTLY?????
If it helps create jobs for them or any of the other 10.4% of unemployed South Carolinians, that might help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina