Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,201 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering moving to the Black Hills area. We have looked at property in the new Apple Springs Development - has anyone heard of it and what do you know about the development? Also, if we do decide to move I will need to find employment. I have a degree in Business Administration (Human Resources) and have over 15 years experience in human resources and nonprofit management. Any hints I where I can seek employment? We are from Minnesota so I assume the weather in the "Hills" is not much worse than Minnesota - correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 10:20 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Hi Joan and welcome to the forum. We have several West River people here that will be able to help you with your questions. The only thing I can help you with is the "weather" question. Winters in the Hills are actually much better then in Mn. or eastern So. Dak. They have a semi-arid climate so they have very little humidity during the summertime and their winters are milder. It may be zero in eastern SD and Mn. and 50 degrees out in the Hills. Good luck with your search and I think you'd love living in the Hills.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,717,521 times
Apple Springs is a new development being built in Boulder Canyon. The development is being built on an 18 hole gof course and it is very beautiful up there! You are halfway between Sturgis and Deadwood so I suggest looking in those two cities for employment. An HR degree is very useful and I'm sure you won't have any problems finding employment. Also, the Homestake Gold Mine was recently converted into a National Science Lab and I'm sure they are hiring too.

The weather here is MUCH better than in Minnesota. I have experienced both and I'd take -20 in the Black Hills over -20 in Minneapolis any day! Minnesota's winters are very wet and that causes it to feel much colder than here in Rapid City where it is dry. Also, summers are not as brutal because we have dry hot summers while yours are humid and buggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota