Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 AM

271 posts, read 583,136 times

Advertisements

Florida,Georgia,Mississippi,Alabama,South Carolina,North Carolina,Virginia,West Virginia,Tennessee,Kentucky,Ohio,Pennsylvania,New York,New Jersey,Conneticut,Massachusets,Delaware,Arkansas,M issouri,Kansas,Nebraska,Illinois,Wyoming,Nevada,Ut ah,Texas
Arizona,New Mexico,Oklahoma,Maryland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 AM

230 posts, read 626,507 times
I guess it would be easier to list the States I haven't been to:

Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Rhode Island, and Delaware.

Due to my service to country, I have seen my fair share of the world as well:

Canada, Mexico, Panama, Iceland, England, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qutar, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, China, and Australia.

While some of those countries are better left unseen, it has been a true blessing to travel, learn new cultures, and meet new people. I owe it all to the Army, as they either sent me to those places or made it very inexpensive for me to travel there on my own.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,330 times
Mj, that is my goal too.

I have been to 26: California, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida. I'm over halfway.

I have a large U.S. map and Nebraska map in our office at home. On the U.S. I will mark the states I have been too and the interstate and main U.S. highways I have driven on. I also have my Nebraska map and mark all the roads I have been on and all the towns I have been to. My little nerdy thing I guess.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:50 PM

64 posts, read 261,080 times
CA, AZ, TX, UT, CO, WY, NE, SD, IL, NV, WI, IN. Was in 6 of those states this past summer.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:37 PM

509 posts, read 1,349,763 times
Lets see in 24 years of life I've been to Maryland, Washington, D.C. (not technically a state), Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and South Dakota. Only 18, I'd like to visit them all but I don't know if it will happen.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,410,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
I have a large U.S. map and Nebraska map in our office at home. On the U.S. I will mark the states I have been too and the interstate and main U.S. highways I have driven on. I also have my Nebraska map and mark all the roads I have been on and all the towns I have been to. My little nerdy thing I guess.
Not nerdy at all . I try to keep track of all the highways I've driven on. I think I can safely say that I've driven on 75% of the state highways, US highways, and interstates in eastern SD . I just have this thing for driving/visiting the unknown to me!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,191 times
I have a US map haning on my wall. A lot of I-70, I-64, I-80, I-90, I-40, I-29, I-35, I-25, I-81, and I-55 are highlighted. I have a road atlas with the roads highlighted. I have been to most of the counties in SD except for Harding, Perkins, Shannon, Melette, and Butte counties. I have been to Todd and Tripp counties when I was wee little with my parents on our way to Colorado one time. A lot of highlighed roads are also in Iowa and Nebraska.

There are a couple of examples. I have been on I-90 from Ellensburg, WA to Chicago, IL and from Buffalo, NY to Syracuse, NY. I also have been on I-80 from Salt Lake City to Chicago, IL, with the exception for the stretch between York, NE and Lincoln, NE. Been on exciting I-70 from Vail, CO to Maryland, with the exception for stretches between Denver and Limon and St. Louis to Indianapolis I have not been on.

It is fun to highlight where I have been to. I hope to cover new territory next year. I love to roadtrip and do not mind doing it on a budget. It is fun for me to find bargains and deals related to travel.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,330 times
Cool, I'm going to have to tell my wife there are other map nerds out there. She calls me that in a joking way sometimes.

Chris, you have gotten around. Makes me want to road trip. You guys up to one? I bet if we make enough friends on city data, we could stay for free in each state. That would be neat, but I don't think I could get the month off to do it.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 AM

69 posts, read 283,383 times
28 for me , FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TX, NM, AZ, CO, WY, OK, KS, NE, SD, ND, MN, IA , MO ,TN, KY, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY AND OR

Old 09-25-2008, 10:33 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,410,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Cool, I'm going to have to tell my wife there are other map nerds out there. She calls me that in a joking way sometimes.

Chris, you have gotten around. Makes me want to road trip. You guys up to one? I bet if we make enough friends on city data, we could stay for free in each state. That would be neat, but I don't think I could get the month off to do it.
I definitely fit the description of a map nerd.
Yeah, I am jealous of Chris. I don't think he is much older than me either.

And that is an awesome idea . But I used up all my vacation time already. Hehe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota