Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 03:38 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Damn, David. I have no idea how to fill in your blank.

Buffet restaurants?

Used singlewide lots?

Mean old white guys named Yeledaf?
All of the above.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Drawbacks.............plenty: Stinkbillies & Methbillies, Fatcart people who will purposely and gleefully run your *** over, snotty and very, very entitled geezers who think they own the world and can do no wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,922 times
I will be visiting Spokane the first weekend in April 2015 to look for an apartment in a safe neighborhood; which is important as I need to walk my dog in the morning and evening. Any recommendations as to which neighborhoods are safe and which ones I should avoid? Thanks

Old 04-04-2015, 06:43 PM

590 posts, read 714,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluesummer View Post
I agree with the above posts. The good part of downtown is very small. Which is a big factor for the Hipster types in Pdx/Sea.
Would you be looking for a certain career move?

Isn't Flagstaff 4 seasons? What about Utah (more sun)?

This style and attitude annoys the hell out of me!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:48 PM

590 posts, read 714,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmzo View Post
Short answer to that is because Spokane is a dump. Very depressing place with very few attractions, if you're a country type who doesn't like big city and can live in dumpy looking areas than you might like it.

Country type? Whats country type mean to you? No education, and run about barefoot like the hillbillies in the back country in the south do? Hmm..no! How about a decently educated skilled tradesman who enjoys the quiet life without any noises or sirens and the constant buzz of a yuppie-fied city. I live in Western WA but not for long, moving to fruit land in less then 20 days..cant wait. Over here in the puget sound, its a damn joke!

Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Lots of dumpy and dirty in spokeADELPHIA......sorry, that is the truth.

Betweens the ciggie-butts that are tossed everywhere, fast-food wrappers, general trash on the ground.........I get the STRONG impression that a LOT of spokeADELPHIAites have no problem with littering, may even think it is a good, very MURRRRCAN type thing to litter!

And guess what, if you are going to the dump with a load of trash in the back of your truck........that trash WILL blow all over the place if you do not cover it, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2015, 11:50 AM

23 posts, read 57,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmzo View Post
Short answer to that is because Spokane is a dump. Very depressing place with very few attractions, if you're a country type who doesn't like big city and can live in dumpy looking areas than you might like it.
I lived in Spokane for 8 years. Just retired in Nov '14 and moved to Arizona.

Enjoyed our time in Spokane. We lived in Spokane Valley for most of our time there.

I don't understand all the negative comments about Spokane. We've lived in Los Angeles, Seattle, Honolulu, Spokane and now Mesa, AZ. I ranked Spokane better than all those places. Every place has its pros and cons.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenns55 View Post
I lived in Spokane for 8 years. Just retired in Nov '14 and moved to Arizona.

Enjoyed our time in Spokane. We lived in Spokane Valley for most of our time there.

I don't understand all the negative comments about Spokane. We've lived in Los Angeles, Seattle, Honolulu, Spokane and now Mesa, AZ. I ranked Spokane better than all those places. Every place has its pros and cons.
Spokane better than Honolulu?

Ignore glenn55, folks. Poor lad must have been kicked in the head by a jellyfish.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:50 PM

23 posts, read 57,141 times
Default Ha ha - not kicked in the head by a jellyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Spokane better than Honolulu?

Ignore glenn55, folks. Poor lad must have been kicked in the head by a jellyfish.
Have you ever lived in Honolulu? Oh you might have spent a week there on vacation. We're talking about living somewhere not taking a vacation.

And when did you live in Spokane?

Old 04-13-2015, 07:43 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenns55 View Post
Have you ever lived in Honolulu? Oh you might have spent a week there on vacation. We're talking about living somewhere not taking a vacation.

And when did you live in Spokane?
When it's 85 degrees and sunny every day, and the beach is always an option, it would take an awful lot of negative thinking to make a place unpleasant. In contrast, try week after week of gunmetal gray skies, a two-month summer (if you're lucky), and the general shabbiness that characterizes so much of the northeast, west central, and east central neighborhoods in Spokane.

You're right about my only having vacationed in Hawaii. But like so many people, I would trade my 1956 Chevy Belair and all my winter clothing for the opportunity to live there forever. Not many people would offer to do the opposite -- except maybe you. You have my sympathy.

And I've lived in Spokane -- with a few periods of time in Europe and Asia thrown in -- since 1969. So throw me a little sympathy, too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area