Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 07:52 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times

Advertisements

You are 70 years old on Medicare, SSI, Disability and need a home care attendant.

Which state would be better to have residency (which would be a rental or <$150k condo)?

Is WA medicaid better than ID medicaid?

Does WA pay more for a home care attendant than ID?

I assume Spokane doctors do not accept ID medicaid and thus better doctors in Spokane/Seattle would behoove one to live on the WA side vs ID?

Taxes?

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,785 times
I too have these questions.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Here's a start...

Medicaid

https://www.healthinsurance.org/washington-medicaid/

Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 PM

15 posts, read 15,057 times
Default Yeledaf

As much as it kills me to admit it.........you are such a nice guy!!! ALWAYS READY TO HELP!!!
don't worry, your secret is safe, I won't tell a soul........

Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 AM

596 posts, read 428,577 times
Spokane has way more services than CDA. By far, and its not even close. Spokane literally has cradle to grave services for at risk populations. My wife works in healthcare for at-risk populations if you have specific questions I can try to funnel them through her, as far as Medicaid/Insurance go...obviously not actual medical advice or questions about treatment and such.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:55 PM

13 posts, read 25,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Spokane has way more services than CDA. By far, and its not even close. Spokane literally has cradle to grave services for at risk populations. My wife works in healthcare for at-risk populations if you have specific questions I can try to funnel them through her, as far as Medicaid/Insurance go...obviously not actual medical advice or questions about treatment and such.

I just got a letter yesterday from WA State Health Care Authority assigning me, without my input, to United Health Care as my insurer and Columbia Medical Associates - South Hill Family Medicine as my PCP.

BUT they gave me only until Monday 9/26 if I want to change my insurer to another one on their list. Which one of the following should I choose:

A) United Health Care

B) Community Health Plan of Washington

C) Coordinated Care of Washington

D) Molina HealthCare of Washington

E) Amerigroup Washington Inc

I thank you in advance for advice

Old 09-27-2016, 01:07 PM

596 posts, read 428,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap53 View Post
I just got a letter yesterday from WA State Health Care Authority assigning me, without my input, to United Health Care as my insurer and Columbia Medical Associates - South Hill Family Medicine as my PCP.

BUT they gave me only until Monday 9/26 if I want to change my insurer to another one on their list. Which one of the following should I choose:

A) United Health Care

B) Community Health Plan of Washington

C) Coordinated Care of Washington

D) Molina HealthCare of Washington

E) Amerigroup Washington Inc

I thank you in advance for advice

You might have some specific reasons for being assigned and not being given the option to choose your own. I know that many people change insurance plans between Amerigroup, Molina and UHC. Happens all the time, but you need to find out why you were assigned UHC specifically.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:27 AM

22 posts, read 14,815 times
Spokane is best as compare to CDA

Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
For someone on a fixed income, Spokane would be much better, if only because real estate is so much less expensive, which means that rent is lower. If all a person had was a disability payment, they wouldn't be able to afford to rent a place to live in Coeur D'Alene.

Washington is more generous with all the welfare benefits than Idaho is. Idaho doesn't have a large enough tax paying population to pay for extensive entitlements. Washington is a wealthy state plus a progressive attitude, so there is both money and the will to pay for a lot of programs for the less well off.

Also, there is less snow in Spokane, which is a big benefit if you are 70 years old and don't have funds to pay someone to shovel your snow for you.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:35 AM

22 posts, read 14,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
For someone on a fixed income, Spokane would be much better, if only because real estate is so much less expensive, which means that rent is lower. If all a person had was a disability payment, they wouldn't be able to afford to rent a place to live in Coeur D'Alene.

Washington is more generous with all the welfare benefits than Idaho is. Idaho doesn't have a large enough tax paying population to pay for extensive entitlements. Washington is a wealthy state plus a progressive attitude, so there is both money and the will to pay for a lot of programs for the less well off.

Also, there is less snow in Spokane, which is a big benefit if you are 70 years old and don't have funds to pay someone to shovel your snow for you.
Fully Agreed with your points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area