Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 PM

161 posts, read 141,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
break 200 50% of the time and you just started? If you arent exageratting your numbers you might want to keep rolling those games. There is a chance you can go down as the Michael Jordan of bowling.

As far as the OP, I bowl maybe twice a year, game drives me nuts. I am lucky if I break 130. Wii bowling on the other hand....
Yea, I've been told by a lot of people that's it's really good. But it wasn't like I never bowled prior to April. I just decided then to get a little bit more serious around that time. I bought shoes, a bowl and would go 1 or twice a week during the specials . There were people who weren't very good at first, and they break 200 just jacking up throws. You'd be surprise how good some people are over a relatively short amount of time, especially when they get use to the lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 PM

427 posts, read 550,121 times
Yeah, for the casual or recreational bowler, if you're sticking to one house I can see how you could "get use" to the lanes and improve your score just because of familiarity.

More skill may be required though for when the lane oil starts breaking down, or if they don't always use the same oil pattern.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Remember folks, getting strikes is like lining up a great date. You need a smooth approach and terrific follow through.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM

Also remember, those of you considering golf over bowling....one advantage of bowling over golf is that you never lose a bowling ball!!
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Of course, I'm hoping I have plenty of years left to improve my game of bowling. However....when "that day" comes along, or "rolls along", I'll be rolling out one special request.....

When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!!
Attached Thumbnails
Any bowlers out there??-arg-bowling-207x165-url.gif  

Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 PM

Ok, for all you bowlers(and non-bowlers) out there, did you know that the lowest score ever recorded in league play was a whopping......2? That's right, two. Mike Kappa of Racine, Ws. rolled that impressive score back in 1971.

And, again, for the "did you know" category, did you know that back in 1902 Henry Beeny rolled the lowest ever score for a sanctioned tournament? He was considered a fairly decent bowler and was talked into trying a major ABC tournament. He bowled a 59, 63, and an 82 for a 204 set!! You'll notice his steady improvement in each game however.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM

161 posts, read 141,566 times
You going to catch the PBA tournament?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:33 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Just saw a guy lose by 199 pins on TV! Once those splits get a going, can be hard to turn off the open spicket......ouch!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
You going to catch the PBA tournament?
Wish I was still living in Las Vegas, I would have seen that tournament at the Red Rock Station in person. As many times as I went to that place, never bowled there. Plenty of gambling, no bowling!

Hey Patsfan, I caught that guy who bowled the 299. His poor opponent, only 100!! But he was a good sport about it.

Even though the winner hit the pocket his last shot, did look like it got there a bit late...even though the ten pin did wiggle a bit.

Could'nt watch the conclusion, had to tape it. So I don't know who won the 250 grand. No telling!!
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Ok, good. Mika Koivuniemi beat Tom Smallwood 269 to 207.

Wanted him to win, especially after his 299 game.

Can't feel too sorry for Smallwood though. 100 grand for runner up sure ain't bad! Heck, forth place got 40 grand. Either way, I think I'd be a fairly happy loser!

Still would have preferred to see Walter Ray in the finals and win it, since he's never won the t of c. And it would have been nice to see Pete Webber there also. And Chris Barnes!
Attached Thumbnails
Any bowlers out there??-bowling-11.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports