Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times

Advertisements

I think anyone who follows the olympics for any length of time knows this about the Chinese. It's simply how they do things.

we do it our way and they do it theirs. I'd rather do it our way, we still outperformed them. and if we wouldn't have, I still be o.k. with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:08 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I think anyone who follows the olympics for any length of time knows this about the Chinese. It's simply how they do things.

we do it our way and they do it theirs. I'd rather do it our way, we still outperformed them. and if we wouldn't have, I still be o.k. with it.
that's the way to go.

considering the fact that China has zero black citizen to compete on the tracks, they are doing a fantastic job.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
that's the way to go.

considering the fact that China has zero black citizen to compete on the tracks, they are doing a fantastic job.
and another thing...China isn't very diverse ...and it's kinda "sprawley"

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
and another thing...China isn't very diverse ...and it's kinda "sprawley"
China at least has some a bunch of other ethnicities in the north west and south west. Many who live in Xinjiang are actually caucasians.

Japan is the most homogegeous country in the world.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
It's unfair to single China out for cheating. It's been an Olympic tradition, especially in track and field and "judged sports".

They had a major embarassment leading up to the Sydney games, having to send 26 athletes home so they are of course very sensitive to any such claims.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:08 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
OK, when the Chinese lose, there are just losers. When the Chinese win, there must be something wrong with the way they win.

THis is typical western media. They simply can't bear the idea of China outperforming and have to find way to vilify it so that they can find some sort of consolation. So pathetic.

I remember people complain about Asian kids studying too hard so that their white kids who prefer party than study can't get into good schools any more, and therefore, it is simply wrong for the Asian kids, especially Chinese to study that hard in the first place.
In fairness, it's just one idiot with a blog. It isn't "western media".

While western media has it's faults, I will take it any day over the Chinese media.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports