Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 10:45 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,943,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcwestbrook2k199 View Post
This is country is not a nazi nation(sorry trump supporters) NOBODY should EVER be forced to stand for some old anthem.These players are protesting to show the injustice of how blacks and minorities get treated daily by police.Trump who is a racist is stuck in the 1960's era but this is 2017 and our nation isnt what he THINKS amerikkka used to be.
So why are they suddenly protesting? Why not five years ago? They waited until a white guy was back in the White House before feeling the courage of their convictions? It's all about race, race, race with you people.

How racist can this country be, when 70% of the NFL are black men, many of them from underprivileged or poor backgrounds, now earning seven or eight figure salaries?

And how exactly is Trump a racist? He hung out with black folks and dated black women back in his Manhattan playboy days. Ridiculous post.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 4,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
But then we get to the question posed is making people uncomfortable driving them away to find entertainment elsewhere?. Killing the golden goose for 250lb athletes.

Perhaps for a few, but I will stay with the overexposed theory myself since games are almost always available and slower with replays to make sure everything was perfect lest a gambler miss his point spread guess. Therefore any given game is worth less even before a millionaire wants to make someone uncomfortable
I too believe the decline is based on overexposure and a variety of options.

Extending the game to different days, the hoopla that surrounds each game, the over officiating, and the variety of choices from so many more channels, to Netflix/ Amazon/Google/ Hulu options, to wide spread usage of smartphones and tablets all contribute to declining viewership. As someone else pointed this is not only the case with the NFL, but TV shows in general.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
So why are they suddenly protesting? Why not five years ago? They waited until a white guy was back in the White House before feeling the courage of their convictions? It's all about race, race, race with you people.

How racist can this country be, when 70% of the NFL are black men, many of them from underprivileged or poor backgrounds, now earning seven or eight figure salaries?

And how exactly is Trump a racist? He hung out with black folks and dated black women back in his Manhattan playboy days. Ridiculous post.

Umm, Kap literally protested all of last year, when we had a black president.

And just because Trump has a black friend does not mean he's not racist.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Yeah, except they are disrespecting the very government that is allowing them to have that free speech. No other country in the world is giving their citizens that right. This isnt a free speech issue. It is complete disregard for the country that they are making a fortune in. How hypocritical is that? Here's an idea. If they dont like the country and what it stands for, get the FU#K out. No one will miss them and no one will care.
I'm pretty sure you can exercise that right in many European countries.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:20 AM

939 posts, read 506,448 times
Amazing with all the talk of yesterday's protests, nobody has simply asked what exactly were these players protesting? Trump's comments? If that's the case, these players look like a bunch of Howdy Doodies by staying in their locker rooms or kneeling during the anthem. One has nothing to do with the other.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:25 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,533 times
I watched a lot of NFL when I was single and had a lot of free time. When I got married I watched a few games a year with friends. Now that I have a kid, football isn't anywhere near my radar. NFL tickets used to be a hot commodity, but the last few years I have turned down free tickets several times a season.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Amazing with all the talk of yesterday's protests, nobody has simply asked what exactly were these players protesting? Trump's comments? If that's the case, these players look like a bunch of Howdy Doodies by staying in their locker rooms or kneeling during the anthem. One has nothing to do with the other.
You've not been paying attention.

First Amendment Rights are pretty significant and worthwhile to defend. Trump was promoting that the SOB (his pejorative, not mine)their rights taken away.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
It started when a black guy was in office actually. Perhaps you are referring to why so many more did it this past weekend? Well the President called them out. It doesn't have anything to do with the race of the President. If a balck or brown president called them out I am fairly certain they would respond in the same manner.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:34 AM

939 posts, read 506,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You've not been paying attention.

First Amendment Rights are pretty significant and worthwhile to defend. Trump was promoting that the SOB (his pejorative, not mine)their rights taken away.
I am paying plenty of attention; still doesn't answer the question.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
They're showing solidarity for their teammates right/choice to kneel in protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports