Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2023, 03:06 PM

7,027 posts, read 11,322,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wow.

Stricker won, and he'll meet Bonzi...another unseeded player who also beat a seeded player (Eubanks at #28) in the third round.
Oh, Tsitsipas

Was it the typical mental vacations at critical moments in the match and passive hitting on the make or break points in the hope his opponent makes a mistake?

I've only got to watch one match so far........Novak destroying some qualifier. It was man vs. machine. I would have felt bad for the other guy, but I assume he has a full and rich life too. To be as dominate as Djokovic,tennis pretty much has to be your job, hobby, passion, lifestyle choice, etc. etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 11:55 PM

6,633 posts, read 4,312,699 times
Djokovic wins against fellow Serbian in 5 set thriller..

Old 09-03-2023, 03:00 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,753,008 times
Caroline Wozniacki's body suit is awful, it's much too tight, especially at the crotch, it's not a good look for her, she should at least wear a better fitted one or put a skirt over it.

Old 09-04-2023, 12:08 AM

10,790 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Ostapenko is the definition of talent and charisma, now with 4-0 h2h vs. Swiatek the definition of cold.

Old 09-04-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Ostapenko is the definition of talent and charisma, now with 4-0 h2h vs. Swiatek the definition of cold.
What happened there? I watched Iga win the first set, went upstairs to take a little break, and came down an hour later as the Latvian smashed match point.

Old 09-05-2023, 01:32 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Swiatek's loss against Ostapenko was a huge bummer. She can't seem to get past big hitters like her and Rybakina. She loses against them every friggin' time.

The women's matches have been a complete mess. But I think Sabalenka will win this one. She's the only one playing consistently well throughout the tournament.

But on the men's, I'm torn between Djokovic and Alcaraz. Both are playing extremely well throughout the tournament, so it's a toss up between the two.

Old 09-06-2023, 02:30 PM

it's feels like over 100 degrees in NY today, yet they won't close the roof for the players, it's torture for them, they should stop playing in protest, better than getting heat stroke. Medvedev says one of them is going to die and they'll see.

I used to be a CoCo fan but her head got too big, she brags to the interviewers she's the best doubles player, blames her partner in mixed doubles for their loss, no other player acts that way and I've been a tennis fan for years. I hope Madison wins.

Last edited by wp169; 09-06-2023 at 02:40 PM..

Old 09-06-2023, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Swiatek's loss against Ostapenko was a huge bummer. She can't seem to get past big hitters like her and Rybakina. She loses against them every friggin' time.

The women's matches have been a complete mess. But I think Sabalenka will win this one. She's the only one playing consistently well throughout the tournament.

But on the men's, I'm torn between Djokovic and Alcaraz. Both are playing extremely well throughout the tournament, so it's a toss up between the two.
She looked really good today. Short, violent points, big serves, and very rarely playing defensive tennis, she was smashing inside of that baseline all match.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
it's feels like over 100 degrees in NY today, yet they won't close the roof for the players, it's torture for them, they should stop playing in protest, better than getting heat stroke. Medvedev says one of them is going to die and they'll see.

I used to be a CoCo fan but her head got too big, she brags to the interviewers she's the best doubles player, blames her partner in mixed doubles for their loss, no other player acts that way and I've been a tennis fan for years. I hope Madison wins.
They're not supposed to close the roof. Tennis is an outdoor sport and closing the roof defeats that purpose. The roof is only there for rainy weather so they don't have to delay the matches.

And people seriously whining about the minor heat in NY? These tennis players have played in Miami and Madrid, where temperatures have exceeded 100 degrees and have far worse humidity than NY.

Old 09-06-2023, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
They're not supposed to close the roof. Tennis is an outdoor sport and closing the roof defeats that purpose. The roof is only there for rainy weather so they don't have to delay the matches.

And people seriously whining about the minor heat in NY? These tennis players have played in Miami and Madrid, where temperatures have exceeded 100 degrees and have far worse humidity than NY.
John McEnroe and I disagree with you, lol. He said in this day and age the players shouldn't have to suffer under those conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports