Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,009 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are Registered Nurses and my question is does anyone know about how much Nurses in the hospitals make there and which hospital is the best to work in. My wife is a Labor and Delivery Nurse and I work in the Neonatal ICU. Please Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:51 AM

186 posts, read 466,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4DLEE View Post
My wife and I are Registered Nurses and my question is does anyone know about how much Nurses in the hospitals make there and which hospital is the best to work in. My wife is a Labor and Delivery Nurse and I work in the Neonatal ICU. Please Help.
Opinions will vary on which hospital is "the best".....I personally prefer St. Johns (about to be renamed "Mercy Springfield"). St. Johns actually has openings right now in Newborn Nursery/NICU...the nurses there float between the two floors. You can see a listing of all job openings at www.stjohns.com

Starting salaries start at a base of roughly $17-18 an hour, but your years of experience may rise that a bit. There are also shift differentials for evening and overnight shifts. Cox and St. Johns are roughly equivalent in their starting salaries. Private hospitals such as Select (which is an acute long-term care facility) and Ozarks Community Hospital will start nurses with more money, but they are much smaller facilities that probably would not have the units you have been working in up to this point.

Oh.....I don't know about Cox, but I know St. Johns only hires L&D nurses as part-time positions, there are no full-time positions in that unit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area