Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,347 times

Advertisements

I moved to Buffalo Missouri 8 years ago from CT and thought I would share my experience for those who are looking for greener pastures. I found that the price of homes/land to be much more affordable, my wife and I were able to purchase a home and 33 acres here in Buffalo for the same price we sold our ranch home on .17 acres for back in CT.

I moved here without knowing a soul and found the people to be very friendly and welcoming. We had been here about two weeks when the moving truck finally arrived. The problem was he could not get down my driveway which is about a 1/4 of a mile long. The driver was going to dump my "stuff" right there at the end of my driveway. Well, the neighbour whose home sits in front of mine came out to see what the problem was, when we told them the problem they immediately got on the phone to their family (brothers, sisters and father) to ask them to help us.

Here I was in a brand new town and people I had never met before in my life were driving over with pick-ups and trailers to ferry my belongings down my drive way and into my house. Having been here 8 years now I can say I have found the rest of the community to be just as friendly and helpful. The folks around here really go out of their way to be "neighbourly".

So if you are looking for greener pastures in a beautiful part of America, check out Buffalo, Missouri. I hope to see you around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM

694 posts, read 1,357,200 times
Welcome to city data RK and thank you for sharing your thoughts on Buffalo. Have never lived there myself, but have always been fond of the town and people I have met from there.

Happy to hear your move to Missouri worked out well for you.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,823 times
Welcome to the area. Just wish the Jobs had stayed.

brushrunner

Old 05-08-2014, 10:36 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
I liked that town a lot when the wife and I used to stop there ( McDonalds) when making our numerous Arkansas to Minnesota trips.

However, I stopped in early December at a noon pizza place where hired people were holding up signs along HWY 65 advertising.

As I was eating, 2 law enforcement were slowly leaving and as they passed my table I asked how far south the heavy ,wet snow fell. ( it started at the northern edge of Buffalo )

They were polite..........told me......I thanked them..........and then the middle aged female manager came towards my table at a fast pace and angrily accused me of..." bothering her customers"

I doubt she was one of the ones welcoming you and I sure hope she is more friendly towards the locals than she is towards the travelers they try to attract with the people holding signs along the highway in front of the pizza place.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 AM

for anyone doubting my story........November 10, 2013...........about 12:45PM

Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM

694 posts, read 1,357,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
for anyone doubting my story........November 10, 2013...........about 12:45PM
You already started a thread on citydata with this gripe - are you going to complain on every board that has Buffalo in its name? What are you hoping to accomplish by repeating this?

no southern hospitality in Buffalo MO

If I may offer some advise should you choice to travel thru Buffalo in the future - eat a hamburger. Or eat in Springfield.

Either way - it's time to move on and stop blaming a town for one bad experience you may have had..

Old 05-08-2014, 12:19 PM

What I am going to do is print my complaint and give it to the owner my next trip thru Buffalo.

( early June I reckon )

I just can't figure out why they pay people to stand along the hwy advertising their noon special then treat them so rude when they do stop.

I doubt it is a " Missouri thing"

Probably just a " Buffalo thing "

Old 05-09-2014, 04:56 PM

I think I'll stick to McDonalds if I stop in Buffalo.

At least they don't have to pay people to hold signs to attract motorists and then insult them when they stop.( plus the pizza wasn't that great )

Old 05-10-2014, 09:14 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
I liked that town a lot when the wife and I used to stop there ( McDonalds) when making our numerous Arkansas to Minnesota trips.
I was wondering what you've been up to the last few years, marmac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of: