Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 02:00 AM

3 posts, read 12,085 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I wanted to let everyone know about my great exp. living in Springfield for the last 5 months. First, I will start off by telling the story of how I got my great apartment thru craigslist.org. I had been reading craigslist for a few weeks towards the first of July and noticed an apartment pop up when I refreshed the page. The ad mentioned that it was close to M.S.U., had all newly refinished hardwood floors etc. As soon as I read the ad i called the girl up, asked a few questions, and told her I would be down first thing in the morning. I drove down to Springfield the next day and met her at her apartment.

The apartments I pulled up to were actually apartments set up in an older one story house. This apartment was also located in the historic district on walnut st., which included a great view of the skyline, high rise apartments etc.

The young girl who was waiting to meet me showed me the apartment after chatting for a few minutes, which I def. liked. The rent was only 360 for a pretty large bedroom with new hardwood cabinets, newly refinished oak floors, appliances etc. Oh, the hvac units were all brand new and very quiet and efficient. I went straight down to the office and signed the lease for a year.

The next few weeks I spent moving my stuff in and taking in the feel of the town. I was very impressed with the old down town shops, layout of the streets, and the warmness of the people. The town really does have a positive vibe that has still stayed with me to this day.

I completed my first semester back in college after a five year hiatus and couldn't have been more pleased with Ozarks Technical Community College. The place is so clean, well ran, and the teachers there are excellent all around. It is a big community college, but the classes are small, and it feels like a big family in a way. I like O.T.C. so much i'm not looking forward to going to M.S.U. the semester after next. O.T.C. also provides free tutoring for math,computers,speech,english etc.

I received 3 A's and two B's taking fourteen hours last semester, which is pretty good for flunking out of college five years ago. It was such a great semester. I'm also really glad that the town isn't a "party town" like the last college town I lived in. Now, some people reading this might be thinking that Springfield is too conservative for them. I would beg to differ, and if you were here in Longview, TX where I am visiting some old friends you would get a real taste of "conservative Christians" Springfield is like Lawrence, KS compared to East Texas. Scary for a freethinker down here. I really like Springfield so much because people don't wear their religion on their sleeve like they do here.

There is also soooo much to do in Springfield. And alot of activities are free. And talk about great parks and green space, there are parks all over the city, not to mention the rails to trails north of Springfield. Springfield is also green in the way that they make electricity with gas from decomposing landfill material. Also, there are more than a few stations that broadcast in high-def like PBS, NBC, etc. All you need is an HDTV antennae from walmart or radio shack-$35-.

I could go on and on all nite long...Springfield is such a great city. But, don't take my word for it, come visit this spring and spend a few days, catcha AA baseball game which includes fireworks, check out the nature center, caves etc.

-deadjed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 PM

382 posts, read 1,069,386 times
Seems like you have discovered a well kept secret. There are so many of us from out of state just chopping at the bits to sell our homes and move to Missouri. Well aboard. You will meet a lot of wonderful people on this forum and I hope you will continue to take part.

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area