Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,984 times

Advertisements

Thought I'd let all of you know about this documentary film:

Branson :: the official website of the Branson documentary

I happened to catch it today at the St. Louis International Film Festival. I was skeptical at first, but it happens to be hands-down one of the best documentary films I've viewed. The film follows the lives of several aspiring Branson entertainers over 3 years, and all of their struggles, ups, and downs.

The "star" is Jackson Cash, a Johnny Cash impersonator. He was at the showing today (along with most of the other cast), and played a few songs...he looks and sounds almost EXACTLY like Johnny Cash.

I've never been a huge fan of the town of Branson, but really enjoyed the film.

The film is on the festival circuit at the moment, so I really have no idea how to go about seeing the whole thing besides attending an actual film festival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 03:07 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
Thought I'd let all of you know about this documentary film:

Branson :: the official website of the Branson documentary

I happened to catch it today at the St. Louis International Film Festival. I was skeptical at first, but it happens to be hands-down one of the best documentary films I've viewed. The film follows the lives of several aspiring Branson entertainers over 3 years, and all of their struggles, ups, and downs.

The "star" is Jackson Cash, a Johnny Cash impersonator. He was at the showing today (along with most of the other cast), and played a few songs...he looks and sounds almost EXACTLY like Johnny Cash.

I've never been a huge fan of the town of Branson, but really enjoyed the film.

The film is on the festival circuit at the moment, so I really have no idea how to go about seeing the whole thing besides attending an actual film festival.
It actually looks interesting. When I read your post I was all set to reply with some snide remark until I looked at the site and read the review from Variety. It looks like a movie that is actually going to show that Branson has a heart and a soul. That is has REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS people here, trying to make a living and it's not all sunshine and butterflies and Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

Kudos to Jackson Cash for letting his true self be filmed (hung over, no less). Too bad that we can't see the "real" side Dino, or Shoji or some of the other "STARS" sordid lives. LOL

If the movie comes around, I'll definitely chip in my $10 to see it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-15-2009, 03:43 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It actually looks interesting. When I read your post I was all set to reply with some snide remark until I looked at the site and read the review from Variety. It looks like a movie that is actually going to show that Branson has a heart and a soul. That is has REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS people here, trying to make a living and it's not all sunshine and butterflies and Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

Kudos to Jackson Cash for letting his true self be filmed (hung over, no less). Too bad that we can't see the "real" side Dino, or Shoji or some of the other "STARS" sordid lives. LOL

If the movie comes around, I'll definitely chip in my $10 to see it.

20yrsinBranson
That is what I liked so much about the film. Despite the fact that the director is form LA, he came into Branson and made a film about real people struggling to achieve their dreams rather than a film about "lets-laugh-at-these-Missourians".

Hopefully it will eventually be distributed. Not only was it a great film, but people need to see this side of not only Branson but the entire middle section of the country. Every review I've read so far has been positive...and the reception by the audience at the St. Louis premier was very positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area