Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Hooray! An opportunity to make Missouri just like the place you left. What a great deal. The more we become like California and everywhere else, the better Missouri will be.
I don't don't know what so many midwesterners have against Trader Joes.
I would welcome a store that offers quality food at very reasonable prices.

And the beer is super cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 PM

59 posts, read 125,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I don't don't know what so many midwesterners have against Trader Joes.
I would welcome a store that offers quality food at very reasonable prices.

And the beer is super cheap.
Trader Joes seems to have the reputation of being a hippieish, birkenstockish, store for people who wear lots of hemp clothes and roll their own cigarettes if you know what I mean. I dont think that generalization is exactly correct but perceptions are everything.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 PM

321 posts, read 838,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo_man_sanchez View Post
Trader Joes seems to have the reputation of being a hippieish, birkenstockish, store for people who wear lots of hemp clothes and roll their own cigarettes if you know what I mean. I dont think that generalization is exactly correct but perceptions are everything.
Clothes and rope made from hemp is not the kind you can smoke. It's funny how so many people's perception is that is must be something related to an illegal drug.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone sailor View Post
Clothes and rope made from hemp is not the kind you can smoke. It's funny how so many people's perception is that is must be something related to an illegal drug.
Yeah but back in college all the people who were wearing hemp clothes always had a few "roaches" packed away. One seemed to go with the other.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:43 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Cool TJ's and Birk's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo_man_sanchez View Post
I've been shopping TJ's since the 90's and don't think I"ve even seen a pair of Birkenstocks going by. Nike's and New Balance yes, Birks no.

And I wear hemp...no roach included. It's sort of like cotton...it breaths. Similiar to Bamboo.

Makes one wonder where some of these "perceptions" come from. TJ's doesn't sell health food, wierd food, or
"hippy" food (if there is such a thing)....they sell products that don't have so many chemicals, more naturally fresh food, and things that aren't as easily found in a run-of-the-mill grocer (although some grocers have caught on and have started stocking some of those types of food).

Old 04-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I've been shopping TJ's since the 90's and don't think I"ve even seen a pair of Birkenstocks going by. Nike's and New Balance yes, Birks no.

And I wear hemp...no roach included. It's sort of like cotton...it breaths. Similiar to Bamboo.

Makes one wonder where some of these "perceptions" come from. TJ's doesn't sell health food, wierd food, or
"hippy" food (if there is such a thing)....they sell products that don't have so many chemicals, more naturally fresh food, and things that aren't as easily found in a run-of-the-mill grocer (although some grocers have caught on and have started stocking some of those types of food).
I don't know where the perception comes from either but it is quite prevalent. I personally would like to see more of anything come to the Ozarks and that the area could get a llittle competition, wages, standard of living go up, etc.......Most of the people I know who have a negative view of the place seem to associate it with the east coast/west coast liberal things.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:50 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Springfield has enough stores. More than enough.

I think it's time that the farmer's market gets it's OWN place instead of having to be held in the parking lot of Battlefield Mall.

20yrsinBranson
Some people just won't be happy until every town looks like every other town with identical stores, strip malls and traffic out the wazoo. I'm sure if Pete Seeger were here, he'd write a song about it.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Question Ahem...

Something wrong with Birkenstocks?

Love my Birks...
http://******************/confused-smiley-17541.gif (broken link)

Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Something wrong with Birkenstocks?

Love my Birks...
!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
!
There's just as comfortable casual footwear out there that doesnt look so "gamey" if your willing to investigate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area