Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,682 times

Advertisements

Currently live in Montana. Wife and myself have been retired about 1 year. Common sense tells me the best time to buy a home in Saint George would be in the middle of Summer (hot). Since I would assume fewer buyers during the summer than the Fall or Winter. Is my assumption correct?

Also I enjoy golf. The city of Saint George has several municipal courses. Does the city offer yearly memberships or is it strictly a pay as you play situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 PM

239 posts, read 952,706 times
The city owned courses have a "Cache Card", more info here. (http://www.ci.st-george.ut.us/golf/ - broken link), they are all decent courses. The others all vary. Here is the new St. George online newspaper you might enjoy.

If you are on Facebook, search for St.George, there are a few pages that have more members, you may get more feedback. There are not many of us from Southern Utah here!

I am not sure about your assumption, I don't think there is a huge seasonal difference. I think there are enough homes for sale that you could find your dream home any time of the year!

Good Luck!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:15 AM

11 posts, read 38,817 times
Hello sudavis,

Sorry, I cannot offer much help on the golf course question.

As far as the time of year to buy real estate...I agree with toby04. There currently is a large inventory of homes for sale in the St. George area. I would suspect you could find a nice home to buy with the seller flexing nicely of the selling price.

I hope it works well for you.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:45 PM

27 posts, read 87,431 times
Yes.
There is plenty of deals to be made but be aware of what you are buying.
First make sure you have the house inspected but I cannot recommend anybody because they all claim that they are reliable,certified and insured.
I used Pillar to Post inspection Co. My house was flooded within 4 months and I am still remodeling at a great expense and the inspection company is of course playing it's games.
It seems these days with the house inspection business not being responsible for almost anything it is a waste of money.
Houses in St.George were built very poorly since the 80's until the real estate crash.
Inspections were done sporadically and private House Inspectors were untrained.
I had recently talked to one of the City inspectors and he said that things are improving somehow. Time will tell.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM

4 posts, read 18,789 times
You are correct that summer is the slow season (i.e. the best buying time) for real estate in Saint George. Every local agent I have spoken to has relayed this to me.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 PM

39 posts, read 176,360 times
I would Rent a house before you buy. Save your money for now. Look like homes are still going down.Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George