Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM

11 posts, read 43,973 times

Advertisements

What do you think the pros and cons are of both Lake Havasu city and St.George Utah?? What place would you move to and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:40 AM

63 posts, read 225,678 times
Exclamation Heat in LHC

LHC is significantly warmer than SG.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
I have never been to Lake Havasu but St George many times. I lived in northern Utah for 27 years. St George is growing at a fast rate. If you like to golf, hike, bike and don't mind hot weather you would fit in well. Alot of older people retire there. It has grown so much over the past few years and homes are becoming very expensive. It is a beautiful place.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:32 PM

32 posts, read 124,938 times
Smile Lake Havasu City

I've been to both of them, having lived in UT and AZ for a while... Both cities are smaller, more laid back, there isn't much to do...
Lake Havasu City is beautiful, a lot of outdoor activities to do, but then it's the hottest city in AZ I've heard... the lake is beautiful, I had a friend who lived there, and she said the housing costs are pretty high because it's a tourist city...
St. George is nice, nice weather also hot but not as warm as Lake Havasu, the surroundings are beautiful, the red rocks... but then again, it's a small town.. I'm not sure about the costs of living there, but I think it might a bit less than Lake Havasu...
I guess if I were to move somewhere, I would go to Lake Havasu City, I loved it there when I stayed for almost 2 weeks at my friend's house. It's almost halfway between Phoenix and Las Vegas, so it's a pretty convenient location. I loved the scenery, the climate... so I guess I would move there!

Old 05-24-2008, 09:39 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
We live in the greater St. George area...I would take this in a flash over LHC. For one thing, it's hot here in the summer, but LHC is beastly hot..and St. George area is not 'small town' so much anymore...we have Costco, Kohls, Dillards, home depot, Lowe's, 2 wal marts, a mall, outlet mall, lots of new restaurants and retail coming in..it is beautiful with the red rocks. Lots of activities to do from the many movie theaters, to Tuacahn theatre set in the red rocks, Zion National Park is half hour away, we are only a couple hours from Lake Powell and Las Vegas, close to skiing at Brian Head..Lots to do for the adventurous and not so adventurous.

Sounds funny coming from me, our house is for sale and we are heading back to NorCal due to family reasons, but I will miss a lot of things here...it is a beautiful place, hard to beat..

Oh, and the real estate market is actually more of a buyers market now...homes are not as expensive as they were a couple years ago, good time to buy..

Old 05-24-2008, 10:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
LHC back in 2000 was a nice place IMHO. Housing and land were dirt cheap and the people were pretty laid back------not anymore. Admittedly the housing market is crashing but still......

Never been to St George; but, my impression is it blows LHC away all other factors being equal. Remember that party animal I ain't.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:27 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
We live in the greater St. George area...I would take this in a flash over LHC. For one thing, it's hot here in the summer, but LHC is beastly hot..and St. George area is not 'small town' so much anymore...we have Costco, Kohls, Dillards, home depot, Lowe's, 2 wal marts, a mall, outlet mall, lots of new restaurants and retail coming in..it is beautiful with the red rocks. Lots of activities to do from the many movie theaters, to Tuacahn theatre set in the red rocks, Zion National Park is half hour away, we are only a couple hours from Lake Powell and Las Vegas, close to skiing at Brian Head..Lots to do for the adventurous and not so adventurous.

Sounds funny coming from me, our house is for sale and we are heading back to NorCal due to family reasons, but I will miss a lot of things here...it is a beautiful place, hard to beat..

Oh, and the real estate market is actually more of a buyers market now...homes are not as expensive as they were a couple years ago, good time to buy..
So St George has come down a little in price now?

Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM

63 posts, read 225,678 times
For sure and it will keep heading down as the full force of the recession fully settles in....

Old 05-28-2008, 07:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Oh home prices are definitely down, depends on the area...We are now priced 45,000 below what we bought for in 2005, not including the improvements we put in like artificial turf in the back, expanding the block wall and iron gates, some cement work, trees and a spa. But that's how it is..it's the market and we need to sell and get home...I think if you are buying a home as an investment or to 'flip' then you are going to lose some money for a while..but if you are buying a home to LIVE in and have a life in, what does it matter, eventually it will rebound..we come from California and in 31 years of homeowning we saw our values go down, go up, go down..up..it's cyclical...it's a good time to buy just about anywhere..

Old 05-31-2008, 12:29 AM

24 posts, read 109,348 times
Home prices have definitely come down in the last 18 months--roughly 20% in most cases. dogmom is correct. If you are buying and staying for a bit, right now is a great time to buy given the interest rates and the willingness of sellers to bargain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George