Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 10:12 AM

134 posts, read 347,962 times

Advertisements

Sites like vrbo and airbnb are asking ridiculous prices to rent a furnished apt. or condo.

I am looking for a self contained apt. or condo (fully furnished). Not interested in a room in a house sharing bathroom/kitchen etc.

I am a retired gentleman with a small dog who wants to rent in St. George for next winter. I would be looking to rent for 4 months, January 1, 2024 through to May 1, 2024.

Anyone have any leads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2023, 05:38 PM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Well, I wouldn't look to VRBO or AirBnB for a long term rental. Research apartment or condo complexes and see if any rent month to month. Make some calls.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Well, I wouldn't look to VRBO or AirBnB for a long term rental. Research apartment or condo complexes and see if any rent month to month. Make some calls.
Four months is not long term. VRBO and AirBnB cater to shorter rentals and that is why I had been using them, however since last winter prices have gone up almost 80%.

Very few apartments rent out furnished units and most require a minimum of a 6 month lease.

Old 01-25-2023, 06:50 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Terrible advice. VRBO and AirBnB will be far superior in finding a furnished rental as opposed to a real estate agent or any kind of complex. They are not interested in furnished or short term rentals with few exceptions. The turnover costs are far too high for them to involve themselves.

The OP needs to understand that rent prices, short or long term, are extremely high across this country. Even with limited familiarity with the St. George market, I would budget upwards of $2.5 or $3k per month for a furnished short term one bedroom rental.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:48 PM

7,724 posts, read 3,778,838 times
So... pay the market price for rent. If you think it is too expensive, go somewhere else.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
So... pay the market price for rent. If you think it is too expensive, go somewhere else.
Thanks for the very helpful advice

Old 01-28-2023, 08:27 PM

817 posts, read 626,327 times
Utah along with New Mexico are the cheapest states out West to rent in but that doesn't mean much when the West is the most expensive region of the country housing costs wise. You'll have better luck in Utah county or Salt Lake county. St. George is a retirement community and filled with multigenerational Mormon families, there are barely any apartments or condos for rent in that city it's not like this is Manhattan or Chicago lol

Old 01-31-2023, 12:41 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Utah along with New Mexico are the cheapest states out West to rent in but that doesn't mean much when the West is the most expensive region of the country housing costs wise. You'll have better luck in Utah county or Salt Lake county. St. George is a retirement community and filled with multigenerational Mormon families, there are barely any apartments or condos for rent in that city it's not like this is Manhattan or Chicago lol
The west is a big place. Certainly true of CA, but not Rocky Mtn states.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:04 PM

817 posts, read 626,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
The west is a big place. Certainly true of CA, but not Rocky Mtn states.
Denver and Phoenix are just as expensive as California cities now, with Boise and SLC not far behind

Old 01-31-2023, 10:20 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Just listed a day ago in temp rentals.

I know you are looking for next year but maybe contact and / or copy the information. Looks like a furnished listing. Who knows, owner / manager might have other properties or have this one again or possibly willing to plan on renting to you if things fall right. Might be worth checking back with in future, even if no major encouragement.

https://stgeorge.craigslist.org/sub/...584295732.html

Or ask for any real estate friends or competitors worth calling.

And check craigslist temps if not already.

And maybe try a housing wanted ad in the fall.

Specifically says "flexible leasing options"
https://stgeorge.craigslist.org/apa/...584649796.html
Got to review everything and maybe ask anyways to find what you want. Another one that might be available in 2024 or generate leads.

Or this one
https://stgeorge.craigslist.org/apa/...576929632.html
Sounds to me like it could be available on a recurring basis.

Or this one. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...68884188_zpid/
"Furnished", "flexible leasing terms".

Decent chance to find something if you work it (at right time).

I wouldn't trust Craigslist from a distance but might with a solid email conversation and a solid in-person inspection / discussion.

If you wintered here before, try what you did before and / or contact any good contacts there.

Or contact these folks
https://www.travelnursehousing.com/L...hoCEBUQAvD_BwE
You probably don't have to be a nurse. Or look at other such sites.

Last edited by NW Crow; 01-31-2023 at 10:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George