Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times

Advertisements

When we were visiting the St. George area 3 weeks ago, we put an offer in on a home in Coral Canyon and have to give earnest money tomorrow. Today a home we really like in Ironwood, close to Dixie Downs Rd dropped 18,000 in price. Debating about making an offer on that instead but not sure about the area. If anyone is familiar with those areas I would appreciate any comments. We are living out of state, so can't drive around the areas again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,665 times
I live in Ironwood. It's nice they have a company called Rainmakers that come and service your yard and will trim all the plants and mow the grass for you. There are LOTS of homes for sale in here right now I would suggest you rent first, especially alot on 1940 N.

They have a local community pool and spa that everyone uses it's open I think april to november it's the best You can just go relax and hang out down there under the palm trees. Hope this helped ya

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Oh thanks for the information. Why would you rent on 1940. We were going to move there in 3 years and rent it out till then, when we move back to Utah.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 PM

I really liked that house in Ironwood.......one of my favorites on the 25 or so we looked at a few weeks ago. Surprised that they dropped the home so much in price in 3 weeks. We ended up going with a home in C.C, but it was a hard decision.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,665 times
Well there are tons of homes for sale since the economy is so bad and especially alot in Ironwood so thats probably why. I hope you guys like it over there!!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 PM

31 posts, read 127,743 times
Prices for new homes in Ironwood were around $150,000.00 for the smallest Sq footage to just under $200,000.00 for the largest (2000+ Sq ft with a three car garage and all the bells and whistl...er....granite) in Jan 2003.

I wrote up an non-binding order to have Ence build one before buying somewhere else in Washington County a couple of months later.

I saw this today:
Jan 8, 2008/ The Spectrum
The local housing industry witnessed it's worst year in decades..........
Builders shift focus in market | thespectrum.com | The Spectrum

Interesting, the "writers" at the Spectrum are finally reporting the facts about the "bust" after three years of ignoring the declining market here. I guess that the problem is too big to ignore any longer.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues_Jade24 View Post
Well there are tons of homes for sale since the economy is so bad and especially alot in Ironwood so thats probably why. I hope you guys like it over there!!
Yes lots of homes. I hope we like it there too. Two years ago we couldn't afford to buy there and so we thought now is the time. We won't be there for 3 years however, but can't wait to get back to Utah. I miss it.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadykat View Post
Prices for new homes in Ironwood were around $150,000.00 for the smallest Sq footage to just under $200,000.00 for the largest (2000+ Sq ft with a three car garage and all the bells and whistl...er....granite) in Jan 2003.

I wrote up an non-binding order to have Ence build one before buying somewhere else in Washington County a couple of months later.

I saw this today:
Jan 8, 2008/ The Spectrum
The local housing industry witnessed it's worst year in decades..........
Builders shift focus in market | thespectrum.com | The Spectrum

Interesting, the "writers" at the Spectrum are finally reporting the facts about the "bust" after three years of ignoring the declining market here. I guess that the problem is too big to ignore any longer.
Thank you for that article.......very interesting. I can't believe how few building permits last year. And then 1,000 in 2005...Wow
I used to work for a city in Utah in the building dept and last year they only did 60 as opposed to 450 in 2005

Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
I saw the same article..not surprised about the building permits..it took us 10 months to sell our house in Green Spring..10 LONG months...all the while builders had new homes sitting empty. We got very lucky, we realize now, that we were able to sell, especially since ours was in that higher end bracket, not the 800,000 bracket, haha...but we sold for nearly 400,000. We lost about 100,000 from what we paid in 2005. I doubt now it's even worth what we sold it for..

Now, what about the Parade of Homes...we went last year for the first time, and had fun going through them with our friends, but I just could not get over the excess and extremes, I mean who really lives like that..My favorite thing I saw was a plaque in the laundry room of a 21,000 sq foot home was 'SIMPLIFY'. Purplegrapes and I loved it and got the irony of the whole thing. I wonder how many of those homes are still for sale?

St. George area was in a huge denial the last couple years about what was really happening..I hope at some point values go back up, and they will, but not like they did before, and that is probably a good thing. We are not coming back to Utah for other reasons, but I hope values go up for our friends there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George