Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM

4 posts, read 5,661 times

Advertisements

hey everybody im new to the forum and have searched and search but i cant find anything specific answers to my questions....
from san luis obispo area (templeton) and just moved to cda area and actually really love alot of things about the area....but have only been here 2 months and the grey and cold is already gettn to me and the fam... i love the cleanliness of the area but have to say we are not use to the closed upness of the area (neighbors) due to winter months(i guess)....anyway i understand we moved up here in the worst part of the year but still we want to settle somewhere and get stuff going.. i have recently been investigating the saint george area which i understand is the complete opposite end of the spectrum but we are an outdoor family, hence saint george and the climate....but again the beauty and cleanliness of this area will make it very hard to leave....

please any advise from anybody who has lived in either or both would be greatly appreciated...thanks

2 kids 7 mo. and 4yrs.

im curious to hear from people who have lived in st george ut and have moved to NID or vise versa....

some of my questions/concerns
weather and outdoor activities..which place allows more outdoor activities more often

better place to raise kids....schools, stability and unity of community ect

pretty much overall quality of life....common sense type question for someone lookin to re locate

not to concerned with jobs or work i know its no good in either place...but if you have insite on this subject ill take it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,180 times
although they have some good schools, St George doesnt really have many children as it is mostly a blue hair community. Might be very boring for them unless they like shuffleboard. NID is pretty nice too...more families

Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 5,661 times
thank you very much for your but when i was down visiting it seemed like there were a bunch of families around but then again i was there a few days.....

Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,039,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
was there a few days

Old 02-26-2012, 10:20 AM

102 posts, read 306,562 times
There are plenty of kids here, you just have to find the right neighborhoods.
We moved here from PA and the weather is great compared to there.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:03 PM

148 posts, read 459,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSFMomma View Post
There are plenty of kids here, you just have to find the right neighborhoods.
We moved here from PA and the weather is great compared to there.
I absolutely agree. Life is easier here than any place north. I've visited that Idaho area, but rain and gray are not for me. Many neighborhoods here have homes designed with 4 bedroom families in mind.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 PM

14 posts, read 29,791 times
Smile Response to St. George, Utah being a blue hair community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
although they have some good schools, St George doesnt really have many children as it is mostly a blue hair community. Might be very boring for them unless they like shuffleboard. NID is pretty nice too...more families

As to your quote, BadHornet...SGU has lots, and lots, of children with good public schools and charter schools. Great recreations programs for young and old (The World Senior Games is held here every year) Yes there are alot of retirees which privide alot of support ($$$) for all of the miles and miles of
jogging, bike and walking paths, along with well delveloped parks...and then again, you are close to some of the most beautiful parks and recreational areas in the world for sightseeing, boating, hiking,
skiing, and any other sort of outdoor sport you might interested a young family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George