Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 01:27 PM

662 posts, read 1,049,241 times

Advertisements

I wanted to go, but I was broke when they opened up. *dang Samsung*. Um...how's the store? I actually haven't been to a Nordstrom in so long and I'm wondering what kind of deals are tehre. Also, is it still to hectic to go? I saw how long the lines were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
I haven't been to the one in St. Louis (where is it?) but I've been to a Nordstom Rack in Chicago and was a big fan. There were some very good prices, a ton of selection (though clothes especially) and it was actually laid out better and was less of a mess than other outlet-style stores.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
Recently picked up a some sweet $150 Raybans for $50 and $170 Kenneth Cole shoes for $45.
Many Name brand athletic shoes for under $30.

Nice dress and casual shirts for under $35.

Good deals. But if you see something you like, buy it. It may not be there the next time you visit.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:40 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,689,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I haven't been to the one in St. Louis (where is it?) but I've been to a Nordstom Rack in Chicago and was a big fan. There were some very good prices, a ton of selection (though clothes especially) and it was actually laid out better and was less of a mess than other outlet-style stores.
It just opened last week. It's in one of the plazas off Brentwood near the Galleria.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 AM

33 posts, read 65,091 times
Default What were they thinking???

That Brentwood Blvd galleria location was small enough, having REI, Wholefoods, and Borders crammed into it. Could they not find a more suitable location? We drove into what was reminiscent of Christmas season shopping, with people stealing parking spots that others were already waiting in line for, oversized SUV's jamming themselves into compact spots, etc. etc. We only wanted to visit Wholefoods, but instead we made our way to the nearest exit. Best time to visit would be on a weeknight.
We had Nordstrom Rack in the Seattle area. I found good deals there, mostly with shoes.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,599,177 times
DP - thanks for the heads up on the Raybans as I recently lost mine in the lake.

Once the novelty of the new store wears off I think the location will be fine. It wasn't a problem when a busy circuit city occupied the NR retail space. Another full Nordstrom store is slated to open in roughly a year at the Galleria and that will likely take some traffic away from the NR.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:59 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
DP - thanks for the heads up on the Raybans as I recently lost mine in the lake.
Like I said the inventory is always changing. I was in the NR in Costa Mesa the other day And I saw Oakleys and Bolles for around 55. A few days later they were (obviously) gone. If you don't see what you want wait a week or so. but If you see a great deal snap it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis