Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,574 times

Advertisements

FWIW, Lambert is going through an interior renovation. This article mentions the restrooms recently were redone and mentions a few other projects expected to be finished next year. I do agree that food options are a bit lacking but I don't really complain as long as I can find a sandwich and a coffee.

For me, the biggest thing an airport can do for me is be easy to navigate, not be too hectic, and have some food options. Lambert gets a solid B in this regard if you ask me. I do wish it looked as nice as Reagan here in DC...I love that airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 03:00 PM

1,830 posts, read 3,807,336 times
The downward spiral of flights has really sucked in STL after losing the hub. STL is now ranked 31st largest airport, just one tick up from KC's...

STL is ranked 31st..
RITA | BTS | Transtats

KCI is ranked 32nd..
RITA | BTS | Transtats

STL is down to where KCI peaked a few years ago, around 12M passengers a year.

With the consolidation of airlines, it won't get any better. In fact, Minneapolis could be next to get hit with flight reductions.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:47 PM

84 posts, read 194,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topospace View Post
Oh Lord, now you've gone and opened a big ole can of worms. You see you criticized something about St. Louis. Don't you know that Lambert is the best airport in the world simply because it's in St. Louis? Shortly, 5 or 6 of the regular St. Louis Homers will post here confirming what I've said about Lambert. Of course, they'll say you don't know what you're talking about because you've probably never traveled anywhere while they are all jet setters who visit several international airports weekly. And they all live in the city, which, in their minds, makes them better than anyone who doesn't.
LOL, you're totally trolling, but you sure didn't pull that out of the air....

i laffed

Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,518,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
The downward spiral of flights has really sucked in STL after losing the hub. STL is now ranked 31st largest airport, just one tick up from KC's...

STL is ranked 31st..
RITA | BTS | Transtats

KCI is ranked 32nd..
RITA | BTS | Transtats

STL is down to where KCI peaked a few years ago, around 12M passengers a year.

With the consolidation of airlines, it won't get any better. In fact, Minneapolis could be next to get hit with flight reductions.
The airport getting hit with that is not Minneapolis, but instead Cincinnatti and Memphis.

In terms of service expansion from anyone, it will really depend on what Southwest post Air-Tran merger results in terms of a route map.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:34 PM

1,830 posts, read 3,807,336 times
Good point. Cincy really took a dump, now ranked 50th. They went from 20M peak recently to 7M. KCI looks great in comparison...
RITA | BTS | Transtats

Memphis also is now ranked below STL/KC at 34th...
RITA | BTS | Transtats

These airline consolidations are hurting a lot of airports.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:38 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,865 times
To me...it just appears the Airport needs a face lift. It's just outright depressing and ugly--and this was my opinion long before the tornado.

Otherwise...it's just like any other airport--a dreadful experience these days.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,540 times
^
I agree. I think the outside looks great and I still love the design. However, the interior really needed work. I actually told my husband that I was hoping the tornado would speed up the renovation. I think it will be fine after construction is done. Otherwise, it's easy to get in and out, and the metrolink makes it very convenient. As for food options, I think it's comparable other airports it's size. It is heartbreaking what happened after AA bought TWA, not only for the employees, but direct flight options are lacking. Not to mention all the neighborhoods destroyed for the runway expansion. I would love to see Lambert land an airline hub.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:45 PM

79 posts, read 119,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

In all serioiusness, I don't travel by air all that often, but I do miss being able to get direct flights to almost any city at almost any time.
Try flying to Tampa, Raleigh, Tulsa, Portland OR, Denver, Charlotte, Atlanta, Detroit, or one of many other cities if you happen to be limited to one airline. I have to connect to go almost anywhere.

I used to be able to go just about anywhere via TWA and then American nonstop, but not any more. I can't even fly to Tampa to see my grandkids without a connecting flight, and that used to be a measly 2 hours, 10 minutes if we were going into a headwind. I have a choice of DFW, ORD, or Miami International. Now American promised we would stay a hub. What a bunch of liars.

OCL

Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,599,177 times
^ FYI, SouthWest flys Non-Stop to Tampa 2x per day.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
^ FYI, SouthWest flys Non-Stop to Tampa 2x per day.
Yep, and MCO (Orlando) to STL non-stop several times a day also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis