Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:38 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Name one time that has EVER happened to a white person. I cannot ever recall a white person walking down the street and being questioned by a police officer and then being shot multiple times while being unarmed.
I don't know, but completely innocent unarmed white people (as well as blacks) are gunned down every day and it's mostly blacks doing such shooting. Just in the last two days two very young children were killed by random gunfire in just DC and Baltimore alone.

3-year-old girl in Baltimore is fatally shot - The Washington Post

Fatal shooting of 3-year-old girl in Landover may have resulted from a fight over clothes - The Washington Post

Where is the uproar? Maybe the community can burn down their local stores and loot local businesses and wonder why nobody wants to do business there. It's white people's fault.

I'm sick of this racial card crap. I'm white, but I came from a VERY poor family and grew up in a 95% black inner city neighborhood. People need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and stop blaming white people for all their problems. And all my black friends would agree with me. And they are older and actually went through a hell of a lot more racism issues than the current young black population deals with.

I don't know what really happened in North County, StL, but yes, it's a travesty for all involved. But people don't have to act like they are acting and using the "cop shot a black kid" as an excuse. If all the hated cops just left Ferguson what would happen? The city would become completely unsafe instantaneously and you would have shootings and looting every single day for no reason at all.

Whatever. I've said enough on this topic....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 12:23 AM

455 posts, read 772,198 times
Mike Brown's Rap Sheet on casenet. But wait...they said he was a good kid, a gentle giant...dude should have been on house arrest, not out on the streets.

Description: Burglary - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000
Description: Assault 1st Degree - Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

Old 08-13-2014, 12:53 AM

455 posts, read 772,198 times
Why whenever the black community gets upset about something, it involves rioting and looting? This just reinforces stereotypes of the culture - If the black community believes this young mans death was due to excessive use of force by the cop, demand an investigation. Having the locals get out their shopping lists and completely pillage the local merchants, burn buildings, riot and threaten to kill cops, definitely does not help their credibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NteNCOXxWPY#t=24

Old 08-13-2014, 04:24 AM

145 posts, read 274,293 times
Demand an investigation? So the cop will get a slap on the wrist like in the case of Oscar Grant? Or a not guilty verdict like the case of Trayvon Martin?

It's disgusting to me that an 18-year-old kid was MURDERED, and your main concern is a burning gas station.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 AM

268 posts, read 344,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Mike Brown's Rap Sheet on casenet. But wait...they said he was a good kid, a gentle giant...dude should have been on house arrest, not out on the streets.

Description: Burglary - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
Description: Assault 1st Degree - Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

stop lying this garbage has already been debunked on stl post website that mike brown is a older guy.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
The Ferguson department's whole point of existence is to be a bargain basement contract patrol for neighboring cities that cannot afford their own department or St Louis County police. County refuses to write contracts with guaranteed ticket revenue. Ferguson does, in exchange for a percentage of the revenue. Ferguson's contracts deploy half the number of officers that county or self-patrol cities do, and they bridge patrols (so officers might patrol two or more cities).

I am mentioning all of this so you understand that the Ferguson department is there first and foremost to make money. When you think about that, you understand why they have no cameras in their cruisers. (And I can almost guarantee you the cameras that they purchased, but have not installed, were bought with grant money. Hence why they were not installed.)

all those neighborhood police depts should be disbanded they are shakedown artists wearing uniforms

Old 08-13-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
So, black residents cleaning up the mess at the QT were yelled at by other blacks for helping the white man.

Volunteers Clean Up at Ferguson QuikTrip, Get Yelled At for "Helping the White Man" | Riverfront Times

Do you have any sage observations about this particular mentality?

yep the racist tomfoolery you wrote as all i need to know about you

Old 08-13-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I don't know, but completely innocent unarmed white people (as well as blacks) are gunned down every day and it's mostly blacks doing such shooting. Just in the last two days two very young children were killed by random gunfire in just DC and Baltimore alone.

3-year-old girl in Baltimore is fatally shot - The Washington Post

Fatal shooting of 3-year-old girl in Landover may have resulted from a fight over clothes - The Washington Post

Where is the uproar? Maybe the community can burn down their local stores and loot local businesses and wonder why nobody wants to do business there. It's white people's fault.

I'm sick of this racial card crap. I'm white, but I came from a VERY poor family and grew up in a 95% black inner city neighborhood. People need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and stop blaming white people for all their problems. And all my black friends would agree with me. And they are older and actually went through a hell of a lot more racism issues than the current young black population deals with.

I don't know what really happened in North County, StL, but yes, it's a travesty for all involved. But people don't have to act like they are acting and using the "cop shot a black kid" as an excuse. If all the hated cops just left Ferguson what would happen? The city would become completely unsafe instantaneously and you would have shootings and looting every single day for no reason at all.

Whatever. I've said enough on this topic....

good because you never answered the question when was the last time you saw a black cop shoot an unarmed black person ?or a unarmed white person i can tell you practically never but evertime we turn around some some white cop is shooting or beating a unarmed black person then lying about it

Old 08-13-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Shoot on sight should be the rule for looters. It used to be.

those stores got insurance what on earth are you talking about? what is next shoot for dating a white woman?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
I'm sorry, but it's just kinda hard to take these people seriously when they behave like this. If a white person had struggled with a police officer for his gun and then got shot multiple times most people would have said, "what an idiot. He had it coming. Darwin awards." But when it's a black person all of a sudden that means it's indicative of racism and police brutality? And then that gives the community an excuse to riot, loot, and burn as they please? And now they're opportunistically attacking the Galleria Mall!?

Give me a break.

bull i have read stories where whites have pointed guns at cops and nothing happened to them and when was the last time you saw a black cop shoot a unarmed black teenager or better yet a unarmed white person? next question why is it always white cop shooting unarmed black person.plus we know the white lie is" i was scared" or if you a cop "he went for my gun"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis