Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 06:43 AM

8 posts, read 12,841 times

Advertisements

We're selling our home in the spring. We've already interviewed 3 agents and ruled one out. The remaining two are an even tie. We like them both equally, both gave the exact same (current) comps and expectations on price. Either one would be great. We've worked with CBG before & it was fine. Our house is an easy sell in Webster schools and a great location. The CBG agent is less experienced than the REMAX one, but both seemed very knowledgeable. If anyone has used both or has been an agent at both, please offer input as to why one company would be better for a seller over the other. I know agents will be biased if they're with one or the other right now, but honesty is best!

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 11:39 AM

132 posts, read 389,671 times
I've worked with realtors from both companies, and they were fine, but nothing special. It really boils down to the agent. Personally, I would judge each agent independently, and not by which company they work for. If you're really that torn between the two of them, look into commission rates (who charges more b/c their company will net a portion of that). Also, are there penalties for canceling your listing early? And how long are you contracted to list with them? If you have a complaint later on, you might want to re-list with someone else, so this info is good to know before you sign a contract.

How much of the work do they do themselves, or do they have a team that helps out? Both ways are fine (depending on your needs), but you want your realtor to know what's going on at all times, and to communicate directly with you. I personally don't like "teams" where the realtor wants to hand off all the work to others and not give you as much personal attention. It's a "too many cooks in the kitchen" type of thing. So find out exactly what they plan to do *personally* to sell your house. After all, they'll be working for you! Good luck!

Old 01-14-2015, 12:05 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCityGal View Post
I've worked with realtors from both companies, and they were fine, but nothing special. It really boils down to the agent. Personally, I would judge each agent independently, and not by which company they work for. If you're really that torn between the two of them, look into commission rates (who charges more b/c their company will net a portion of that). Also, are there penalties for canceling your listing early? And how long are you contracted to list with them? If you have a complaint later on, you might want to re-list with someone else, so this info is good to know before you sign a contract.

How much of the work do they do themselves, or do they have a team that helps out? Both ways are fine (depending on your needs), but you want your realtor to know what's going on at all times, and to communicate directly with you. I personally don't like "teams" where the realtor wants to hand off all the work to others and not give you as much personal attention. It's a "too many cooks in the kitchen" type of thing. So find out exactly what they plan to do *personally* to sell your house. After all, they'll be working for you! Good luck!
I agree with this and I would only add make sure the agent REALLY knows your area. I've met some great agents, but frankly they will all tell you they sell houses all over the metro but the reality is agents need to really know your specific area. I think this is especially true in areas like Webster - which is a great area but pretty quirky in terms of what people look for. People who know these areas focus on things like what block you are on, what elementary or what parish. An agent who knows the area can emphasize these things and be on the lookout for the right buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis