Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 12:39 PM

939 posts, read 390,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Yeah...I think maybe people outside of St. Louis don't realize how liberal the city and the local newspaper are. And the alarms and disgust with Kim Gardner have been getting louder and louder by the month. it's not just 'white people' that are disgusted with her.

Her own employees are leaving in droves, as they hate working for her, and she's simply a terrible AG. Not because she's black. Not because she's a woman...it's because she's a terrible AG.

You won't hear me say the same thing about the black mayor, Tishaura Jones. Ms. Jones does her job. Ms. Jones isn't a disgrace to her office.

Regarding Kim Gardner, you could put a labrador retriever in the office, and it would do a better job.
You're right about the Mayor, and she also has called for The DA Gardner to step up and take responsibility for herself and stop blaming others for her shortfalls. I have friends out in Wentzville who refuse to come into the city because of the rampant crime and how inebt Gardner is in prosecuting or for that matter, showing up to prosecute criminals. It's a free for all in the city.

Full disclosure here, We don't live in the city proper, but I can walk into the city within 1 minute of where we live. 5 minute walk to Ted Drewes. It used to be that you knew what areas of the city to stay away from, but not anymore. Crime is rampant in all parts of the city. And you wonder why people are leaving the city and moving to the suburbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 12:47 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
One of our favorite zydeco musicians plays at Broadway Oyster Bar once in awhile. We USED to take MetroLink...but we've had one or 2 bad experiences on the metro, so now we get a hotel close to Broadway Oystr Bar, and then Uber over, and Uber back. The hotel is close enough to walk, but no way we'll walk at night down there anymore.

Old 05-03-2023, 02:46 PM

2 more district attorneys resign from Kim Gardner's office. That leaves 20 district attorneys left, working for Gardner. The 2 latest attorneys to resign have jobs waiting for them with the St. Louis County Prosecutor's (Wesley Bell) office.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:35 AM

939 posts, read 390,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
2 more district attorneys resign from Kim Gardner's office. That leaves 20 district attorneys left, working for Gardner. The 2 latest attorneys to resign have jobs waiting for them with the St. Louis County Prosecutor's (Wesley Bell) office.
And just last night one of the remaining prosecutors in her office was killed in a car accident. It also came out yesterday that Gardner is going to nursing school since January of this year. She claims it will help her in her DA job. I believe her resignation is imminent.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kroadking View Post
And just last night one of the remaining prosecutors in her office was killed in a car accident. It also came out yesterday that Gardner is going to nursing school since January of this year. She claims it will help her in her DA job. I believe her resignation is imminent.
I had not heard about the car accident. That's awful.

I HOPE her resignation is imminent. She's awful in this role. She's bad for business and tourism, since her office is so dysfunctional.

And if you're actually an accused person sitting in jail, you're not exactly living on easy street either. I just read this morning about this young man who's been in jail for 5 years because he can't raise bond, and the AG's office has pushed for continuances FOR 5 YEARS. It FINALLY went to trial last week, but it was declared a mistrial, so the young man is back in jail again.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:06 PM

Kim Gardner to resign June 1st.

And the congregation says "amen".

Old 05-04-2023, 03:35 PM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Adios

Wonder who gets the job after June 1st ?

Old 05-05-2023, 12:43 PM

I guess they'd have to hold a special election. But I just read that St. Louis County AG, and the law firms Lewis Rice, and Thompson Coburn are ready to take on some of the load in the meantime. Thompson Coburn is one of the best law firms in the city, if not the country.

Last edited by SnazzyB; 05-05-2023 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-06-2023, 01:46 PM

589 posts, read 1,106,565 times
The Governor will appoint an interim Circuit Attorney.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:28 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCityMike View Post
The Governor will appoint an interim Circuit Attorney.
This is one area that shouldn't be overtly political. Jennifer Joyce was the CA for something like 14 years and she is as liberal as can be but ran a very professional office that worked well with the police and was able to put lots of violent criminals behind bars. As a manager, she was also able to recruit, train, and maintain an adequate staff to deal with the workload.

It won't fix all of the problems in St. Louis but this particular problem never had to get so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis