Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,079 times

Advertisements

^That area isn't close enough to Downtown to walk. A short drive or taxi ride away is the Morganford strip, (Three Monkeys, Tin Can, Amsterdam, Tower Pub). They are casual bars. If you would like to go out to a busier area, I suggest The Loop, The Central West End, or Washington Avenue (Downtown). For a haunted house, definitely go to The Darkness in Soulard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
The suggestions above are good ones -- it really just depends if you want a more casual bar-type establishment or more of the club feel. Hampton and Chippewa itself isn't really walkable to any major nightlife corridors, but it's a quick drive/taxi ride to just about everything the city has to offer -- you just have to decide what kind of place you're looking for.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,727 times
The Darkness in Soulard is a top rated haunted house.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.558275,-90.426808

Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,122 times
I used to live very close to there. We often hung out on South Grand, the bars on Morganford south of Arsenal (three monkeys, tin can), and then a mishmash of the Grove, Soulard, Benton Park, Wash Ave, Maplewood, the Loop, and the Central West End.

Be sure to go to City Museum (you can drink there) and have a drink on the roof of the Moonrise in the Delmar Loop.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,563,604 times
I live a few blocks northeast of Hampton and Chippewa. That intersection is a prime shopping spot for South City. It's a busy intersection with plenty of bus service if you need it. The surrounding neighborhoods-- St. Louis Hills, Southampton, Northampton/Kingshighway Hills, Lindenwood Hts.-- are some of the better areas of the city. I think you will like living in this area.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 PM

156 posts, read 288,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
The Darkness in Soulard is a top rated haunted house.

---
I am here: Google Maps

I prefer going further out for the haunted houses to like say Creepyworld, but that might not be feasible for the poster. My friends and I tried The Darkness for the first time last year and it was a mess; alot of the "monsters" were half dressed, one of them stopped mid-scare and tried to put the moves on one of my friends, and quite a few were commenting on how cool my friend's dreadlocks were as we walked through. We were so done lol. Never tried Lemp Brewery though?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 AM

4,364 posts, read 4,563,604 times
Lemp's haunted attraction is very cool -- not just cool as in fun, but also cool because it's set underground the the bowels of the brewery and in part of the adjoining caves. makes for a very eerie setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis