Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 15,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcakes View Post
[sarcasm]wow! It's just like you can read my mind![/sarcasm]
ignorance is costly, it has caused such a beautiful creation, to be filled with such ignorant minds.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:50 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,596,933 times
Keep in mind, racism is much more than some young white kid staring at you because he sees one black person a month...
SImilar to the stares and double takes I recieved while walking around with friends in a heavily black area on the Southside.

You'd probably get some stares and some ignorance directed your way.

Some St. Louis people can be ignorant, but legit racism is rare.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 PM

5 posts, read 9,597 times
it depends on what part of st charles your in, some parts are more liberal than others. The areas around Lindenwood U and downtown Saint Charles seem less racist.

Overall, Saint Charles is a pretty conservative, white, area. Its not as bad as you would see in Texas, kinda like what ktcakes said. You may hear the N word here and there, which of course is horrible, but violent threats are probably not likely...

If I were black, I would not live in Saint Charles , MO to be honest. Too many dumb white people... not quite as bad as Jefferson County though!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:00 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,024,591 times
I was invited to one of those born again churches out in Wentzville. After the service, I heard the N word about 5 times within the church walls. I never went back there.

There are a lot of wiggers in Saint Charles county, but not too many blacks

Old 05-21-2010, 02:32 PM

165 posts, read 452,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I was invited to one of those born again churches out in Wentzville. After the service, I heard the N word about 5 times within the church walls. I never went back there.
I'm calling BS on this one.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:08 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,501,443 times
Quote:

That doesn't surprise me. It could happen in St. Louis County and City as well.

Very "Christian" attitude as well - I don't think Jesus was a racist or elitist.

Generally speaking, it's the lower-class/uneducated people of all races that resort to using epithets such as the N word, "cracka," etc. Our experience as a mixed-race couple is to generally dismiss and disregard said lowlifes unless it's said in a threatening or menacing manner, then it becomes time to talk about Uncle Glock.

Wiggers are good for laughs. They all need Basic Military Training to knock that silly **** right out of them. Although personally I wouldn't want most of these Ritalin-addled losers in my beloved USAF.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,024,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240Redo View Post
I'm calling BS on this one.
Its true. Thou shall not bear false witness

But I've seen false bears in zoos (koalas, pandas)

Old 05-21-2010, 07:06 PM

325 posts, read 852,359 times
Quote:
Please edit this. And I will erase my post. This term is equally offensive.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:30 PM

711 posts, read 2,110,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktCakes View Post
Please edit this. And I will erase my post. This term is equally offensive.
Oh no! ktCakes bleeding heart may just kill her!

I'm so sick of the politically correct garbage in this freakin' country. Dinsdale, please don't erase this. The only thing it's offensive to are the wiggers.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 PM

325 posts, read 852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJohnston_STL View Post
Oh no! ktCakes bleeding heart may just kill her!

I'm so sick of the politically correct garbage in this freakin' country. Dinsdale, please don't erase this. The only thing it's offensive to are the wiggers.
couldn't that be said about any epithet?

and no, it isn't just offensive to one group, you are saying that they are white people acting like n******, making the term equally offensive because you are calling a group of people n******. That is offensive.

If you lived one day in a racially mixed family and saw the amount of racism aimed at your beloved children, your heart would break open and bleed as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis