Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 AM

1,814 posts, read 2,508,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktCakes View Post
couldn't that be said about any epithet?

and no, it isn't just offensive to one group, you are saying that they are white people acting like n******, making the term equally offensive because you are calling a group of people n******. That is offensive.

If you lived one day in a racially mixed family and saw the amount of racism aimed at your beloved children, your heart would break open and bleed as well.

My wife, daughter and I have lived 7 years in a racially mixed family, and we have learned to disregard and effectively rise above the ignorance/racism displayed. Like a lot of the other moronic behaviors we see in St. Louis, it just doesn't bother us anymore.

Plus, when Blacks continue to call each other the "N" word, it doesn't do a hell of a lot for pride or self-promotion, does it?

I agree with AJohnston_STL - the excessive political correctness is ruining this county. The libs have a site called MoveOn.Org - those are sage words of wisdom.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:59 AM

325 posts, read 854,806 times
phew! You guys have shown me the light!

I'll let the little 7 yr old with her blonde pigtails and cotton dresses know to wipe her tears and that she should NOT be upset or offended that she was ruthlessly called W***** by that group of older kids just b/c she committed the horrible crime of belonging to a family with white parents who adopted af-am children. I'll just tell her to stop whining and move on! I'm sure she'll see the light as well. Man, this board is sooooo helpful! I can't thank you all enough.

I'm also grateful to learn from you guys that I'm apparently supposed to be a Liberal because I stand against racism! I had no idea! I'll call the Board of Elections on Monday to switch my party affiliation. Won't the Liberals be surprised!

Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,571,651 times
If you stay away from the berry farms and the farmers markets, you'll very likely be safe and protected from racists.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,057,008 times
wigger as with guido are people with less than ideal social skills, limited education and the IQ of a retarded mosquito that play too much "grand theft auto" and watch too much MYV/

Has nothing to do with race, just the way people act

Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 AM

325 posts, read 854,806 times
I'll let my daughter know that you have decided this word has an exact definition and is not the far-reaching derogatory term for white people pretending to be black. Just as I'm sure you have an exact definition for N**** and it never gets used more broadly than that.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,057,008 times
Words only have power when people give them power.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,508,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktCakes View Post
phew! You guys have shown me the light!

I'll let the little 7 yr old with her blonde pigtails and cotton dresses know to wipe her tears and that she should NOT be upset or offended that she was ruthlessly called W***** by that group of older kids just b/c she committed the horrible crime of belonging to a family with white parents who adopted af-am children. I'll just tell her to stop whining and move on! I'm sure she'll see the light as well. Man, this board is sooooo helpful! I can't thank you all enough.

I'm also grateful to learn from you guys that I'm apparently supposed to be a Liberal because I stand against racism! I had no idea! I'll call the Board of Elections on Monday to switch my party affiliation. Won't the Liberals be surprised!

Some helpful links for you:

American Civil Liberties Union

National Action Network

Rainbow PUSH Coalition

Good Luck!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:41 AM

10 posts, read 16,695 times
I do not think you shall move out of St. Charles, Missouri because of Racism. Presently, I have a strong interests in St. Charles and I like to help you stay right where you are.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 AM

10 posts, read 16,695 times
People have been writing me over the Internet and Emailing me about the problems in St. Charles, Missouri, and I like to help. Do Not worry about St. Charles, Missouri because Racist problems have been an issue for a long time and I like to help you live in Missouri.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 AM

308 posts, read 428,717 times
Is anyone else getting a 50s era robot vibe from darlenasnyder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis