Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,705,114 times

Advertisements

I mix the acai with grape juice. I think this juice is just the latest gimmick.

How did you put an accent under the "c" in acai?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM

7 posts, read 22,813 times
Default I mix it (Acai in the form of Monavie) with...

... two or three huge kale leaves (without the stem or "veins"), a handful of spinach leaves, one frozen banana, half a cup of frozen mango (or another sweet fruit) one lime (juiced, no skin) and one celery stick. I blend it all in a regular blender until smooth (sometimes have to shake the blender to get it to mix well).

The final product is a green, sweet , fruity mixture. I never, never, never eat my greens, so this way I get more than twice the amount of greens each day than most people. The acai, combined with the greens has helped to lower my cholesterol by 25 points in two months.

RE: Monavie being expensive. It is, but I only use a shot or two, and I get it pretty cheap (free sometimes) through a friend that sells it so one bottle lasts over a week. I've spent more on vitamin water in a week...

I would think that you could use the same recipe if you had a source for any type of juice with a high concentration of acai. Monavie definitely isn't the only thing out there, just convienient for me

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 06-22-2009 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: removed link

Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,909 times
MONAVIE IS A COMPLETE PYRAMID SCHEME. the juice tastes pretty good, but ask these people that are pushing it in this thread if there is any potential financial gain if your drinking it. i'm sure at least one of them has pm'd u.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:43 PM

542 posts, read 1,449,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You become a member and if you choose to sell you sign up people to be a member and they buy directly from the company at a member rate, not from another member.
You do not have to become a member to buy the product. But if you want to buy it for a better price than you become a member.
Not much different than joining a co-op, costco, sams club or any other chain that offers memberships so you can buy at a discounted price.

so it actually costs more than $40 a bottle. is that what your saying?

it's a pyramid scheme. get out.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:36 AM

5 posts, read 23,271 times
Great news for those of you drinking Mona Vie.
I recently read that Mona Vie is about to incur some rather
nasty competition from Walmart, Sams Club and Costco. These
companies have reported that they are going to start
carrying Fruitavie at a cost of around $17 a bottle.

Unfortunately if you are one of the thousands that got sucked into the business end of it I have a feeling your in for some serious competition.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 06-22-2009 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: removed link...

Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,292 times
I'll be honest I don't need it I'm ok, my sister Kathy is a little over weight however and had this new year's resolution to lose the extra fat so she got some organic acai berry and she says its working, slowly but surely She's obsessed by this stuff! She spent a great deal of time researching all the companies. Real proud of her too but the way she puts it is that you have to change your habits! living healthy is a lifestyle.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 06-22-2009 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: removed blog link

Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
The brand is called "Nutraceutical Sciences Institute" (N S I). I get it online at Vitacost. It is real cheap. I think I pay around $8.00-11.00 for it.
It is "Acai Berry Extract". It has 1,000 mg per serving. It contains 120 capsules per bottle.
Wow, that's cheap. What I saw online was like $90 or something like that a month! Thanks for the tip! I ordered a free week's supply, but i'll cancel it before they charge me the big money!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,782 times
Default Acai Juice

Hi
Acai is the best thing you can do is get real acai from a whole foods place where they sell juices, the berries, or other products. the pills i was sent were most likely junk. they hurt my stomach and didnt make me any less hungry, give me more energy, or make me feel any healthier. real acai is very healthy for you, full or rich antioxidents and vitamins.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:36 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter8319 View Post
MONAVIE IS A COMPLETE PYRAMID SCHEME. the juice tastes pretty good, but ask these people that are pushing it in this thread if there is any potential financial gain if your drinking it. i'm sure at least one of them has pm'd u.
We make about 1,000 a month off Monavie! It's good for you too!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter8319 View Post
so it actually costs more than $40 a bottle. is that what your saying?

it's a pyramid scheme. get out.
Sorry but it is no different than any other business where you have to become a member to get a discounted price for the product.
You dont have to sell Monavie but by becoming a member you get the juice at a member price. If you choose to sell it that is your option. There are no set amounts that you must sell like other companies either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements