Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times

Advertisements

monavie only contains a SMALL amount of acai....its a blend. To get the true effect of Acai, drink the straight juice. My Publix here sells the Sambozan Acai...and its nearly 100% Acai. 7.6 dollars for the big 32 ounce size. Can't beat that !
Good luck. Acai is a cancer killer....

Mod cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-23-2009 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust07 View Post
I was recently in the Twin Cities and got "hooked" on açaí smoothies at Caribou Coffee. I understand that it is touted to have numerous health benefits, as a powerful antioxidant and source of amino and fatty acids.

Does anyone take açaí, and if so, what health benefits or adverse effects have you experienced? What form do you take it in (juice, pulp, caps), and how much do you take?
I will say hogwash or it depends on the person. I say hogwash for me because acai or goji berries had no adverse effects. Other things that didn't effect others, effected me.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Monavie is a out right scam (Consumerist - "The Purple Horror" Monavie Group Blog - MonaVie) people will be suing them in a class action lawsuit in a few years claiming they were snookered because they refused to listen...pretty much the last ingredient is Acai anyways. There was a good story (wish I had saved it from MSN) that there is only 25% capacity to produce the item in order to fulfill the number of products available, so many are unlikely many contain it (peach juice is a good filler). There are many other better products that are cheaper, like blueberries, pomegranates and blackberries...don't get sucked in by the fad, you just loose your money.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,765 times
I have been taking acai berry tablets and colon cleanse tablets for the last two weeks and i can honestly say that i do not feel any difference - in my opinion it is a waste of money.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
I take five magic quack/fad pills every day in addition to my regular rpescriptions.

They are Acai, Resveratol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Glucosamine, and MSM.
I can't really say they do anything.
But I can't say they don't either.

I wish they were beans instead of capsules.
Then I could throw them in the back yard and climb the magic beanstalk to Health, Happiness, and Longevity.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,657 times
did anyone become nauseated after taking the tablets? I started taking them a few days ago (500 mg acai extract tablets 2x/day) and today I keeled over with nausea. I don't want to take my second one until I know it's OK for me. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements