Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM

355 posts, read 2,403,475 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good women's multi-vitamin to take, any suggestions? I've taken One a Day & Centrum for Women before & they don't seem to do much for me. I don't feel any different, though I don't know if I should. I don't want to spend too much on vitamins like at GNC or something but still want to take a good multi-vitamin every day. I'm looking to switch brands since I ran out of my old ones.

What does everyone else take? Any ideas? Is herbal the way to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
I don't think a multi vitamin has enough mg of the B vitamins, I take a B12 500mg, B6 50mg, B2 50mg and I also take vitamin C, and calcium, this might be too many pills for some people, but I don't mind and it gives more than a multi vitamin does.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 PM

448 posts, read 1,050,377 times
I rarely watch daytime TV, but they just had this on Oprah while I was folding laundry. It was very basic and common sense. Check out Dr Oz's ultimate checklist at Get Health, Beauty, Recipes, Money, Decorating and Relationship Advice on Oprah.com.. The short answer is any reputable Multivit and a couple others supplemants depending on your age.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,028,295 times
Tablet vitamins are not great. First, they can't contain very many mgs of nutrients because of their size. Second, they are so compressed that they don't dissolve for many people. Third, they are sometimes heat processed which can destroy some of the nutrients.

For a multi-vitamin you could try a capsule but there are not many out there. Have you tried a liquid multi? If you don't mind a liquid vitamin they tend to have many more nutrients. That is because they can fit more mgs in an ounce of liquid than in a few tablets. Google liquid multivitamin. ENP has a good liquid multi. Tropical Oasis has a decent one though not quite as complete.

If you do stick with a tablet and it is not turning your urine bright yellow then that is a sign that your body is not dissolving it. B-vitamins are part of all multi vitamins. The body excretes excess B-vitamins in the urine since they are water soluble and not stored in the body.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM

16 posts, read 112,067 times
I have had this trouble in the past, trying to find some decent data online about vitamins. Everywhere you find is trying to sell you something, but there are some sites out there that don't sell products and either expose fraudulent products or show information about them, for instance, Nutritional Tree is a company that collects reviews of products but doesn't sell anything. Try there, and you hopefully will find something that is good.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM

40 posts, read 316,261 times
Take a look at Vitabase Active Woman's Formula. My wife uses it because it not only has all the vitamins and minerals, but it also provides herbs for pms. It is a lot better the the centrum product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements