Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,985,946 times

Advertisements

Does anyone take/know of a multi-vitamin that does NOT make you nauseaous? I take Women's One-a-Day with iron and it used to make me just a little queasy but now it seems to be a more severe problem. I've tried different times of the day and on a full stomach, but it just isn't working. I know others have had the same complaint. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 AM

973 posts, read 3,305,666 times
Have you tried "Regeneration" soft-gel multi vitamin made by Natures Plus?
I take this one and it doesn't upset my stomach.

I had the same problem with other multi vitamins but they were all PILLs not soft-gels. You should also try eating a small meal or having some crackers when you take your vitamins.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks! I'll give that a try. I do take my vitamin with food and it doesn't help at all.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Because I was broke I found a cheap solution. Rite aid brand. LOL
I just picked it up for the price and its never bothered me. They are really small like advil too so they are easy to swallow. I have problem with one-a-days. The only one that didnt make me sick was the carb smart one. The iron in yours is probably whats killing your stomach. Eat iron rich foods instead. No danger of iron OD and it tastes better than pills!

There are more expensive liquid vitamins. They say its better to break your multi in two because the body can only absorb so many nutrients at a time. So if you want o experiment with that it may just make what you have easier on the stomach.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:58 PM

Thanks pitt-transplant. Those are all great suggestions.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
I take One-A-Day for 50+. Doesn't make me ill. I have tried some of the others and was nauseous, headachy, and dizzy. Doctor told me that I was probably allergic to something in them.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
If a vitamin makes you feel 'sick' its probably way to strong or you might need to take it with food.
I know of 3 people who are real 'health' nuts, they take several types of capsules and liquid stuff, once in the morning and once in the evening, and whatever those are (supposed to be different types of vitamins, herbs, carb-grabbers, blood pressure meds, iron drinks, etc etc) and sadly, they are sick have migraines or downright always tired all day every day. I thought all those 'natural pill things' they take are supposed to keep them healthy? Their diet is even good, all they eat is mostly organic, no salt, low or no sugar, natural foods. Is spending all that money an all those things really supposed to work? Heck I only take calcium chews once in awhile and am never as sick as that, on a daily basis, and really the only time it hurts is when I ate something fast food that wasnt really cooked properly. Sometimes it makes one wonder why Im healthier than those who take all those things...and dont watch my diet....
Actually, my breathing has changed a bit, down here in Riverside, as Ive been so accustomed to the cleaner air of higher elevations or towns where there is less garbage particulants in the air.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:35 PM

^^^^Do your friends take fish oil?
If they are sick like that they may want to do some homework on those pills and the sources of thier other pills. Not all vitamins are created equally. Especially when it comes to organic type deals.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:56 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
Does anyone take/know of a multi-vitamin that does NOT make you nauseaous? I take Women's One-a-Day with iron and it used to make me just a little queasy but now it seems to be a more severe problem. I've tried different times of the day and on a full stomach, but it just isn't working. I know others have had the same complaint. Any recommendations?
When Dr. Oz was on Oprah, he did a program on what vitamins women should take. He said that multi-vitamins should be cut in half and take one in the morning and one later in the day. I have found that vitamins are too thick for me to cut or break, but that was his recommendation. That might help you feel better.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:48 PM

They make neat little pill cutters that make the job a lot easier and nothing goes flying popping out someones eye.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements