Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:58 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,642,987 times

Advertisements

Thinking of getting Amazing Grass Greens for daily use & also; Vitamin K2 (Mk-7 type), Pomegranate & Artichoke supps on recommendation of a doc here. Anyone use these & are they REALLY needed or useful, as $ is a factor & don't want to waste it on unneeded items? Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 02:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,244,253 times
Unless you have a specific deficiency that you are treating pretty much ALL supplements and vitamins are useless and potentially harmful...

Every study on the subject is pretty clear on this....

The money you are spending is just making expensive urine.

Better to eat a healthy diet that includes a wide range of natural vitamins....body absorbs and utilizes these sources much better.

"There's a belief that supplements can improve and maintain health, but this study provides more evidence that there are no benefits," added Zhang. She's an associate professor at the Tufts University School of Nutrition Science and Policy in Boston."
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-s...g-for-health#1

Old 07-11-2019, 02:20 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,811,026 times
OP: Of the 4 you mention I use the K2 with my D3, not every day just maybe every other day, this for better D3 absorption, heard this one yrs ago. The others I have not and no interest, I eat some good green veggies and believe the antioxidant I have talked about forever here does a great job for me. And I believe in nutritional supplements and especially as we grow older, my body and how I feel are the science. My supps have done a super job of keeping me healthy.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:24 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,981,260 times
no.
my doctor (and others) have told me that supplements/vitamins are not worth the money.
unless...there is a diagnosed, specific need...like: anemia.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:27 PM

10,375 posts, read 10,701,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Thinking of getting Amazing Grass Greens for daily use & also; Vitamin K2 (Mk-7 type), Pomegranate & Artichoke supps on recommendation of a doc here. Anyone use these & are they REALLY needed or useful, as $ is a factor & don't want to waste it on unneeded items? Thx.

I'll bet this recommendation did not come from a board certified physician.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,642,987 times
He is a DO tho. Also my chiro (DC) said these would be no harm & fill in gaps in diet. TY, Jams, as I know what you take & I now use Pycnogenol & Asparagus daily too here. Also, Gota Kola... as it is supposedly synergistic if used w/ Pycnogenol for heart artery plaque reduction, at least according to latest study I saw.

Last edited by movintime; 07-11-2019 at 03:55 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 04:10 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,426,236 times
Quote:
He is a DO tho. Also my chiro (DC) said these would be no harm & fill in gaps in diet. TY, Jams, as I know what you take & I now use Pycnogenol & Asparagus daily too here. Also, Gota Kola... as it is supposedly synergistic if used w/ Pycnogenol for heart artery plaque reduction, at least according to latest study I saw.
Who did the study?

Old 07-11-2019, 04:49 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,572,335 times
Quote:

Amazing Grass Greens very good. K2 very good. And for pomegranate and artichoke I would recommend eating the actual whole foods on a regular basis for more benefits.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:12 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,791 posts, read 4,163,325 times
Supplements, all of 'em, are useless, unless you have been diagnosed by a real doc and real blood work with some deficiency. The FDA doesn't even spend any time testing/evaluating them because they know they know it would be a waste of time and effort, plus it is a multi billion dollar industry with thousands of products and more coming out every day.. Don't fall for the hype on supplement-biased websites or reviews by people who, I guarantee, when they sing the praises a certain supp, are just getting the placebo effect.
The amount of money Americans waste on unneeded supplements is frightening.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,811,026 times
mrkool: You guarantee. Tell my body that since I've been taking the powerful antioxidant(s) I take and have not used a allergy/sinus drug in going on 25 yrs....some placebo!!!! Nor no longer see an allergist in the 25 yrs too, bring on the placebo. Anything to stay way from drugs and doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements