Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times

Advertisements

Here are some hints:

This herb..

...has been proven to stop a heart attack or stroke within 30 SECONDS

...has been proven to kill many cancer cells on first contact

...was the first medical treatment for pain control

and the answer is:

"What are the 10 most important herbs to have in the home?" "At the top of the list is cayenne pepper, because it will make the other 9 work better." -- Dr
Schultze

Cayenne Pepper Kills Cancer
Curing With Cayenne - Amazing healing power of cayenne pepper
http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/cayenne.htm

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,995 times
Wow!Who would have thought that?

Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Here are some hints:

This herb..

...has been proven to stop a heart attack or stroke within 30 SECONDS

...has been proven to kill many cancer cells on first contact

...was the first medical treatment for pain control

and the answer is:

"What are the 10 most important herbs to have in the home?" "At the top of the list is cayenne pepper, because it will make the other 9 work better." -- Dr
Schultze

Cayenne Pepper Kills Cancer
Curing With Cayenne - Amazing healing power of cayenne pepper
http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/cayenne.htm

Great for digestion too ... all sorts of applications / benefits.
Turmeric is another incredible herb.
WHFoods: Turmeric

Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,505,520 times
I used to drink this horribly nasty concoction every day and cayenne was a main ingredient. I did it for about a year but eventually gave it up as it was just really nasty. Maybe I should start it again with capsules? Is that an option?

Editing as I guess I am answering my own question:

"Cayenne pepper is very hot to the taste but should be taken orally. It can be taken in capsule form, but its greatest benefits are taken by drinking it? Why drinking it? Because when taken orally in drink form, it has an immediate effect upon the heart and venous structure. Its proponents testify of a pleasant warm sensation cascading down their entire body, providing a delightful warmth."

Ok, I just took 1/4 tsp. in distilled water and my throat is on fire!! The taste reallly isn't as bad as I remember though--it's just hot!

Last edited by frogandtoad; 05-09-2008 at 10:29 AM..

Old 05-09-2008, 11:52 AM

790 posts, read 4,019,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
I used to drink this horribly nasty concoction every day and cayenne was a main ingredient. I did it for about a year but eventually gave it up as it was just really nasty. Maybe I should start it again with capsules? Is that an option?

Editing as I guess I am answering my own question:

"Cayenne pepper is very hot to the taste but should be taken orally. It can be taken in capsule form, but its greatest benefits are taken by drinking it? Why drinking it? Because when taken orally in drink form, it has an immediate effect upon the heart and venous structure. Its proponents testify of a pleasant warm sensation cascading down their entire body, providing a delightful warmth."

Ok, I just took 1/4 tsp. in distilled water and my throat is on fire!! The taste reallly isn't as bad as I remember though--it's just hot!
This is the way i take turmeric as well .... a teaspoon in a little glass of water. It tastes fine to me but do brush teeth afterward after rinsing well.
Otherwise you'll have yellowed teeth and a yellowed toothbrush.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:55 AM

1,356 posts, read 6,027,254 times
There are "cool" versions of Cayenne in capsule form. They work by buffering the effects on the stomach.

Cayenne is a vasodilator which is why it makes the other nine herbs more effective.

I used to use Cayenne frequently for bronchitis. You can feel the burn in your chest as it begins to work. Now I tend to use Grapefruit Seed Extract for bronchitis but I can't say why I switched.

My grandfather claims Cayenne will stop bleeding instantly when applied topically. I have never had the nerve to try that though!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:58 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
I wouldn't go so far as to claim that "everyone" should have it - it would smack of medical negligence to make a claim like that - but it can have positive benefits for many.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:26 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Someone should make cayenne gum.

I've heard the capsules aren't as helpful, but I still notice a large difference when I take one at night - my feet normally get cold due to poor circulation, but after taking one cayenne capsule they warm right back up. I also sleep much sounder, since it circulates the melatonin I take better

Something else to note.... Mexicans are as obese as Americans, yet have much lower heart disease and cancer rates. This is because they eat a diet with lots of cayenne and fiber (fiber literally removes clots it runs across in your arteries)

Old 05-09-2008, 07:08 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Someone should make cayenne gum.
That would be great for people with Gum diseases although i'd imagine it would burn the heck out of your mouth.

Good info and post Censusdata !!!!!

6/3

Old 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,777,124 times
I did a lot of reading a few years ago on Cayenne -- some great stuff. I do not like anything HOT, but i did get used to this in moderation.

I used to have it in liquid .. .but once that ran out, I just keep the caps on hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements