Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,391,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Have heard that taking colon cleansing pills along with acia pills is a good way to clean out your system and ultimately loss weight. My wife was checking inot these but I am skeptical. Anyone use this stuff and is it effective? Thanks
I don't think acai is effective in colon cleansing. There are herbal combinations that are effective, I just don't believe acai is one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
There is only ONE way to lose weight: eat fewer calories than you need every day. Eat less, exercise more.
Ugu, really? And when someone gets rid of 10lbs of matter after a colon cleansing and as a result, 10lbs lighter? What do you call that?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Cleansing helps weightloss because it helps START the body to heal. You will damage yourself if you don't do the follow up as I already posted. Another thing that happen is that the body is full of "toxins" that are pushed out with herbs, food and/or time.

Toxic pesticides will slow down your weightloss. I think everyone SHOULD cleanse that can but I think you need to know how to eat right before you do it. Another thing that can happen when someone cleanses is that you will get a "withdrawal" reaction to some of the foods you consume that are not healthy. The reaction can be anything from feeling like crap to ending up eating like a total pig on all these bad foods. Just like a lush with his libations...you can react the same way.

I just want to make very clear that its not something you should take lightly. And you will not get the full cleanse from a bottle like you would from a raw food cleanse w/ herbs to help elimination or various fasting methods.

Do not use anything with senna. That is a popular ing in a lot of those bottle cleanses and it can cause spots on the colon and flaccid colon walls. Its just a laxative and when cleansing should only be used if your body has not done its thing within the week. And the doses they give you in some pills seems a little high for how well it would work on normal people.

^^^^^^ Yeah, that.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:00 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,636,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is well known that there is a lot of dead and decaying stuff left in our colon - particularly if we are meat eaters.
It is well known that the human body is designed to dissolve and absorb thru the villi/microvilli all macronutrients including meat.

Firstly the gastric acid ph is designed to pre breakdown all macronutrients including meat. Secondly the pancreas secrete's enzymes to dissolve all macronutrients including meat i.e. amylase for carbohydrate, lipase for fatty acid, protease for protein including meat. Thirdly the intestinal tract has quadrillions of lacto and bifo strains of probiotic bacteria that also assist in dissolving all macronutrients including meat.

Oh yeah i'm a over 40 bodybuilder and have been into health and longevity since i was 21 when i first joined the YMCA back then and yeap i eat fatty beef or salmon at every meal (along with brocolli and frozen blueberries) as its the elixir for my health and well being .

Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
It is well known that the human body is designed to dissolve and absorb thru the villi/microvilli all macronutrients including meat.

Firstly the gastric acid ph is designed to pre breakdown all macronutrients including meat. Secondly the pancreas secrete's enzymes to dissolve all macronutrients including meat i.e. amylase for carbohydrate, lipase for fatty acid, protease for protein including meat. Thirdly the intestinal tract has quadrillions of lacto and bifo strains of probiotic bacteria that also assist in dissolving all macronutrients including meat.

Oh yeah i'm a over 40 bodybuilder and have been into health and longevity since i was 21 when i first joined the YMCA back then and yeap i eat fatty beef or salmon at every meal (along with brocolli and frozen blueberries) as its the elixir for my health and well being .
I also don't believe that meat is the culprit. I believe empty calories, like simple carbs, as well as sugars, and lack of fresh vegetables is the real reason behind it. I firmly believe that a meat eater has to have a big serving of vegetables on his plate to balance it out.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,636,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I also don't believe that meat is the culprit. I believe empty calories, like simple carbs, as well as sugars, and lack of fresh vegetables is the real reason behind it. I firmly believe that a meat eater has to have a big serving of vegetables on his plate to balance it out.
Spot on .

Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,301,183 times
To each his own.
It's true that as humans we carry toxic stool around until we choose to dump it. I say if a person makes an effort to get the FIBER into the system then potential problems aren't as excessive.
You know "it it floats" then your getting enough fiber is true.
Cleaning yourself out on a regular basis should be done accordingly and necessary for good mental health IMO.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,730,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post

I've done very deep cleanses over extended periods of time and it's fascinating (and freaky at times) to see what is eliminated.
And i've been eating very clean / pure whole foods since forever and haven't eaten meat regularly (very rare that i eat it at all) since i was a child living at home with my mom.
Experience is key.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 02-23-2010 at 03:15 PM..

Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,274,092 times
Well I would say yes it disolves normal meat. But the "normal" type of supermarket meat is sprayed/injected/medicated. What they preserve it with can kill your healthy bacteria and then the non-fiberous goo of "normal foods" sticks it there and you won't flush it out fast enough eventually to let the intestine get back to normal.

I don't think healthy meat + veggies/fruit + whole grains type of diet will be the same in build up compared to a normal s.a.d. diet.

I did not use pills or a fasting with my father but he was achey so I made him a food plan with a lot more fiber and he ended up moving masses from his colon that contained time release capsule pills he was taking for his prostate. He ate a typical s.a.d. but a little better than that because he has blood sugar issues. His fiber was high enough before the high fiber flush out too. I think he said he moved 20 something capsules and he only took 1 a day. Proof is the the pooding.
(hears collective ewwwwwwwwww)

Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
..,there's really lots of better ways to cleanse your colon and most these ways are really safer to do, one of these ways is the 7 day colon cleanse which gradually cleanse your colon by slowly dissolving waste from our colon instead of hasty approach in which sometimes harmful to our digestive system. Immediate approach to clean the colon may result in dehydration, abdominal cramping and nausea. A seven day colon cleanse helps get rid of toxins in a gradual manner thus avoiding dehydration cause by immediate and excessive purging. 7 day colon cleanse is beneficial when you experience a feeling of tiredness during day time and when you exhale you smell a foul odor from your mouth. Once colon cleansing is achieved symptoms like foul odor flatulence, bad breath, abdominal bloating, headache and feeling of tiredness even when you are not working should go away. You should feel light and energetic as the toxins are expelled out. For more other ways you can click the URL that can be found below
[url=http://colonnews.com/]Colon Health: Home[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements