Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 PM

12 posts, read 19,009 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

My husband and I are relocating to Syracuse in July due to his military career. We've been looking online for rental properties, but it's been extremely frustrating. Our housing allowance is around $1400 (to include utilities), and we were looking for a house with two, preferably three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a nice yard for our dog. Maybe I've been spoiled with where we live now, but it seems that in this price range, I can't really find anything; especially because a lot of places don't allow larger dogs.

So we have considered buying because a mortgage around $800 already allows us to buy a pretty nice home that would tick all our boxes. Now the big question is, does anyone know what the rental market looks like up there. If we were to buy a home and move to our next duty station two years later, I would like to rent it out but am afraid that there might not be a strong enough demand for that.

Any suggestions what areas to look in? Even though we don't have kids, for resell/ renting purposes, we would prefer a home in a good school district; we like a nice community feel, a safe neighborhood, and maybe even somewhere where I can walk my dog or ride my bike. We do also like to go out/ eat out, so restaurants, bars etc would also be nice. Oh, and my husband will be working in Syracuse, so we would prefer not to live more than 20min from downtown.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
There is a home on Bayridge Road in Cicero that I saw on this website: http://search.cnyrealtor.com/SiteCon...rtySearch.aspx that may work. I saw one in Skaneateles on that website, but I would check to make sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area