Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,285 times

Advertisements

My husband was offered a job in Syracuse. We currently live in Stockton Ca about 45 min from Sacramento. I'm a stay at home Mom we have 5 children with 10 mo old twins. We want to live in a family oriented neighborhood. My husband is willing to commute to work but no more than 45 min. Were looking for something like Westfield NJ just not as pricey. Also we've never lived in snow so that also will be new for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM

216 posts, read 377,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJERO View Post
My husband was offered a job in Syracuse. We currently live in Stockton Ca about 45 min from Sacramento. I'm a stay at home Mom we have 5 children with 10 mo old twins. We want to live in a family oriented neighborhood. My husband is willing to commute to work but no more than 45 min. Were looking for something like Westfield NJ just not as pricey. Also we've never lived in snow so that also will be new for us.
I lived in Upstate New York (Albany). I think you need to look at an atlas.
Syracuse is in the dead center of NY. Your 3 hours away from NJ.
Also, I'm sure there is a NY forum, try posting there.

Upstate New York is nice in a different way. It is UnCalifornia, people are
leaving so everything is cheap and under-utilized. We had no waiting
lists to use the best pedtricians, doctors, day care. Try doing that
in CA! We bough a 2500 sq ft 1869 brownstone with majestic fire places
13 foot ceilings for $130K and spent $50K rennovating it into a masterpiece.
Gosh I miss that place when I look at those homes in Natomas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area