Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 7,146 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We will be relocating to Syracuse in Sept. My husband will be working in North Syracuse and I will be working from home. We are looking to purchase a new/ newer home with a maximum budget of $250,000 in a safe, suburban neighborhood with decent property taxes. We also want to be in an area that is somewhat close to shops/stores and good day care. He would also like his work commute to be within 20 minutes or so. We are currently looking at Lysander or Cicero. Can you tell me more about these places? Do you have any other recommendations? Thanks so much for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 01:38 PM

93,196 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Both of those towns would have what you are looking for. Here are some listings that fit your criteria: RealtyUSA - Property - Property-List

These listings are in the Northern suburbs and within the North Syracuse, Liverpool and Baldwinsville school districts. You could find something in other districts within 20 minutes of his employment as well. I'll try to add more later or hopefully others will chime in.

Just curious, but would your child be old enough for a Pre-K program? North Syracuse has one at its Main Street School in the village of North Syracuse.

Another district that came to mind in terms of newer homes and lower taxes was Central Square. It would be within 20 minutes or so of his place of employment and it is an area that has had parts of it grow. Here are some listings that meet your criteria: RealtyUSA - Property - Property-List

In that district, I would look into listings in Cicero, Clay or Hastings, which is just inside of Oswego County. Brewerton is in that district and is in both Cicero and Hastings. It is close to I-81 and a relatively quick drive down Route 11 from shopping in Cicero.

Here are other listings that fit your criteria within Onondaga County: RealtyUSA - Property - Property-List

I searched for homes from around 2000 and on.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 06-02-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 06-05-2015, 08:05 PM

6 posts, read 7,146 times
Thank you so much for your help.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:24 AM

93,196 posts, read 123,783,345 times
No problem and I forgot to mention that there are Pre-K programs at elementary schools in the Central Square SD, including Brewerton Elementary.

Also, if you see a listing in Lysander, check to see if it is in the Radisson Community, as it is a planned community with HOA fees, which is rare in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area