Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 04:24 PM

404 posts, read 382,258 times

Advertisements

Doing some research for my son - he is interested in Clayton Manor apts as he will be working at Lockheed upon graduation in May. It seems there is a newer section and older section at Clayton Manor? Does anyone know how to determine which buildings are the newer ones? Any comment as to whether it is better to be on the ground floor versus a higher floor? If it works out - he would like to bring his electronic drum set, which I think would work better on a ground floor but don't know if there are other issues to consider...(are they half under ground?) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 05:11 PM

93,754 posts, read 124,459,305 times
Yes, there are newer and older apartments in the complex. The older apartments are to the back and right coming in off of Henry Clay Boulevard.

It may be better to be on the ground floor, but with the older apartments, they are on the ground with the windows above ground, in some cases. I believe in the newer apartments they are just more like first floor apartments.

They were nice and clean apartments, with a nice/little fitness room when I lived there a while ago. Nice location with the Taft Road Wegmans, the village of Liverpool/Onondaga Lake Park and the Thruway nearby.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:51 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,535,690 times
A drumset in a mass apartment building sounds like a terrible idea. I would think top floor would be better but regardless a drum set will very likely p*ss off the neighbors no matter where he is.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:56 AM

5,950 posts, read 5,123,693 times
^^^^^ I have to agree with Becca8377.

Playing drums, no matter what time of day or night, will probably bring on complaints. Some people work nights and sleep days, others just the opposite. Some may have young kids needing to nap. Others may be ill and need to rest.

Just my opinion.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
A drumset in a mass apartment building sounds like a terrible idea. I would think top floor would be better but regardless a drum set will very likely p*ss off the neighbors no matter where he is.
Something I thought about in regards to these apartments, is that when I lived there, you did have quite a few older, retired people that lived there along with a mix of younger and middle aged singles/couples and some young families. So, I could see one of the older residents or those with a young family possibly complaining and being upset.

They are all 3 floor apartment buildings, with 6 apartments on each side of a building as well. So, that may be a lot of upset people, depending upon the building. So, Becca and NYgal2NC do make great points.

Here is a street view where you can see where the older and newer apartments are in the complex: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1159...8i6656!6m1!1e1 If you go left on the street view, it will take you to Lockheed Martin and further south takes you to the Thruway, etc. If you to the right and then take a right onto Taft Road, it takes you to the Wegmans and if you go further on Taft, it takes you to some shopping/restaurants on Route 11. If you turn left onto Taft Road, it becomes Vine Street and takes you into the village of Liverpool and to Onondaga Lake Park.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-14-2016 at 09:40 AM..

Old 03-15-2016, 11:16 AM

404 posts, read 382,258 times
Thanks, everyone. It's an electronic drum set so it is silent (sound goes through headphones). The only issue is that there is sometimes some vibration from the bass drum - but may not be an issue if on the ground floor.

Does anyone know the building numbers of the newer units? It looks like there are building numbers in the 200-300 and also some in the 1000-2000 - are the higher numbers the newer units? Just wondering as we watch availability online. We may have to do this long distance. Thanks!

Last edited by dwnmo; 03-15-2016 at 11:46 AM..

Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnmo View Post
Thanks, everyone. It's an electronic drum set so it is silent (sound goes through headphones). The only issue is that there is sometimes some vibration from the bass drum - but may not be an issue if on the ground floor.
In that case, you should OK then and a ground floor apartment may be the best way to go.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:10 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,535,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnmo View Post

Does anyone know the building numbers of the newer units? It looks like there are building numbers in the 200-300 and also some in the 1000-2000 - are the higher numbers the newer units? Just wondering as we watch availability online. We may have to do this long distance. Thanks!
Ahh ok, I clearly have never experienced electric drums before If it's a vibration issue then yes I'd imagine ground floor would be best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area