Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times

Advertisements

Well, there last I heard Apple was not expecting to sell so many the first day, and now the ipad in on back order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
That pretty much somes it up for guys like you and xanathos. good luck in your lives, Fred and Barney
How cute. You're a blind follower for a company that uses decade-old technology and repackages it as something new, and you claim that power users who have the latest and greatest are the ones in the stone age.

I'll tell you what, Dinsdale: I'll put my present machine up against your Apple in various benchmarks. ANY standard benchmarks and testing. If your machine, which undoubtedly cost more than the one I built, can top it in ANY aspect of performance? Name your terms. Anything you like. It doesn't matter what it would be, because there's zero possibility you'll come out on top. But if you can't....well, whatever your terms are come to you.

This isn't a matter of opinion. You're just flat-out wrong. There's no way for you to be right.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
How cute. You're a blind follower for a company that uses decade-old technology and repackages it as something new, and you claim that power users who have the latest and greatest are the ones in the stone age.
I have watched MS, HP, and a half dozen others talk about tablets since the early 90s yet fail to ship anything in quantity that the marketplace actually wanted to purchase.

Since this is an iPad thread, how is it decade-old technology?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Apparently Apple sold 15 million iPads over the last year, and 1 million this past weekend of the iPad 2.

I can only imagine more people would have bought the Xoom if it was priced cheaper and there were more appropriate models to choose from with wifi only, or less memory.
It runs Flash, and has all the bells & whistles to appeal to the spec-whores and win the benchmark tests du jour, yet it sits on the shelves at retailers.
The marketplace is not very interested in this offering for whatever reason.

In other news, MS is giving up on the Zune line.

Last edited by mullman; 03-15-2011 at 06:25 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 07:53 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,706,114 times
Wow, MS sunk a lot of money and effort into Zune...

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
because some people like myself do not need another data plan
Yes, I have no need for 3/4G service, so no need to pay for it. I also don't need that much storage space since I have a real computer as well. The 16GB with wifi is plenty enough for me.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Decade old technology? Or decade old applied technology? You don't seem to know the difference. Fwiw we send people into space using 900-year-old technology...

Last edited by Sayantsi; 03-15-2011 at 08:46 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 03:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
Quote:

I'll tell you what, Dinsdale: I'll put my present machine up against your Apple in various benchmarks. ANY standard benchmarks and testing. If your machine, which undoubtedly cost more than the one I built, can top it in ANY aspect of performance? Name your terms. Anything you like. It doesn't matter what it would be, because there's zero possibility you'll come out on top. But if you can't....well, whatever your terms are come to you.

This isn't a matter of opinion. You're just flat-out wrong. There's no way for you to be right.
Doesn't matter how much I paid for it. and no I am not Wrong. You are just a narrow minded tool that is still living in 1995. You have no credibility regardless of your certifications (the old cliche: even the person that graduated last in med school is still called a "doctor")

Yes my Mac cos more but I prefer the interface and ease of use. its worth it too me. Just like I pay a premium for living in California. Its worth it (to me). Case closed.

I also started a new position as an art director at a tech company whose products and services are cutting edge. Guess what? The entire office uses Macs. The company is growing by leaps and bounds in the "depressed" california economy. Someone is doing something right.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM

152 posts, read 186,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
whats so great about wifi
It's already available to me at no extra cost...

Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Wow, MS sunk a lot of money and effort into Zune...
ha ha "zune".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets