Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 12:32 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I played around with the iPad Pro a few days ago. It seems really neat, but also seems like it would have a very limited customer base. I don't think I would ever have a use for one. But the wife said it might be neat for games (like I'm really spending $700+ on a game tablet...).

Apple really should have designed iOS to work with it differently. There is so much blank space.
No doubt more changes to iOS are coming. They've already added split view, slide over, and picture in picture to help with multitasking. Force touch to have the keyboard area work like a touchpad is a really neat feature too.

I see the current incarnation of the pro being appealing to creative types who want a nice tablet that can be used for drawing, medical professionals who can use it instead of lugging around a laptop or having a computer stuck in every hospital room, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:42 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Medical professionals already use tablets. They don't need a giant one.

I can't wait to see some nimrod taking pictures with his giant 13" tab...

Old 12-01-2015, 04:28 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Apple really should have designed iOS to work with it differently. There is so much blank space.
I looked at one in the Apple store and that was my initial thought. There's so much empty space. How in the world is the iPad Pro limited to 20 icons/apps (5 rows of 4) on the main screen, which is the same number of icons and rows on my tiny 4 inch iPhone 5S screen? The iPhone 6 added a row with the increased screen size, but for some reason the Pro didn't.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/QCz...12-23-31.0.jpg

Old 12-02-2015, 02:05 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,681,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I looked at one in the Apple store and that was my initial thought. There's so much empty space. How in the world is the iPad Pro limited to 20 icons/apps (5 rows of 4) on the main screen, which is the same number of icons and rows on my tiny 4 inch iPhone 5S screen? The iPhone 6 added a row with the increased screen size, but for some reason the Pro didn't.

On the other hand, you don't really buy the IPad to look at app icons on a screen.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:12 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Maybe, but wouldn't it be NICE to be able to put icons where YOU want them? Put as many in a row as YOU would like?

Sorry...

Old 12-03-2015, 09:58 AM

715 posts, read 1,149,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Medical professionals already use tablets. They don't need a giant one.

I can't wait to see some nimrod taking pictures with his giant 13" tab...
While I agree with you on this, on a recent visit to the ICU of the hospital, I actually heard a couple of med techs say: "the iPads are great. Wish they had a bigger screen" ....

Old 12-14-2015, 01:32 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,681,070 times
Well, today I got the IPad Pro keyboard and stylus.

The first thing I noticed was that I'm used to a track pad like I have on my Macbook Air. The detachable keyboard on the IPad Pro doesn't have one. Instead, you use the stylus or your fingers in the screen. I'm still getting used to it.

The fit and finish is is nice.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:30 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

Honestly I am questioning the whole idea behind Pro. It still can't replace a desktop / laptop computer. And it's just too large for a portable device. I can afford any tablet but I use an iPad Mini, it's a perfect form factor for work / travel. The regular iPad is great to take around the house. The Pro is just too large. I'm sure it will find it's niche but it's just that, a niche. And will remain a niche until Apple comes up with a proper file system, a real workable multitasking, and fixes a few other things.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:54 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,213,194 times
Just got my first iPad, an iPad Pro and I am a creative. Can't do as much on it that I thought I could do. Still getting used to it. I like the size, got a case that acts like a purse so that works for me. Love that I can be outside with it and see the screen, unlike my MacBooks. Would get phone service on it to make more mobile without having to hunt for wi fi. It did cost nearly as much as a MacBook so what's up with that. Even after a lifetime of only using macs there is a big learning curve that I am pretty surprised about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets